Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neuro

a box waiting to happen

18 posts in this topic

thats awsome i just might do the same... keep posting on this (costs, hardness, and any other things we should know)

i feel a nother hack tv video on this on

me driving, garage doors opening every were :blink:

i can see the FCC having something on their hands (if thats what im thinking)

you would want something to go across the values and 'scan' for the value until it hits the right one.

thats awsome i just might do the same... keep posting on this (costs, hardness, and any other things we should know)

dude, as far as I can tell so far, this looks rather easy. I don't really have a lot of EE skillz, but I'm relatively confident that I could do it.

if you want to use it to open garages I think that most of theese openers hav a built in dip switch that you need to switch around with to get access. if you use a frequency counter (find out their frequencsy) and a scanner (listen to their frequency) you can PROBABLY record the transmission and just re trasmit. I might be wrong though but im pretty sure this sounds too good to be true. speaking of radio and stuff is anyone here an amateur radio operator(ham)?

if you want to use it to open garages I think that most of theese openers hav a built in dip switch that you need to switch around with to get access. if you use a frequency counter (find out their frequencsy) and a scanner (listen to their frequency) you can PROBABLY record the transmission and just re trasmit. I might be wrong though but im pretty sure this sounds too good to be true. speaking of radio and stuff is anyone here an amateur radio operator(ham)?

chocula, there is actually a ham radio section of this forum! :)

Yea, you have to program the garage door opener.. I was actually just looking for something like this for a friend. There is a model going around called the rmc 600, which stands for remocon. Anyway you program it by turning a potentiometer and checking the brightness of an led. It seems like it would be very easily modifiable to become a code scanner.. only thing is it seems like they have been banned and are hard to find.

Also, as mentioned this method wouldnt work on the intellicode or shifting frequency openers.. I'd be interested if anyone has some more information on these.. but heres how I think they (could) work..

The reciever and remote unit have to be syncronized (by pushing a button or something on the reciever). Then, the initial code is established, each time the remote sends a signal to open the door, the subsequent code is calculated and replaces the one to be sent. Only thing is there would have to be a handshake or other authentication so that if the door didn't get the code, the reciever would know to keep using the old code until it was acknowledged. So, if you know the method of calculating the next code, all you have to do is grab one code and calculate the next.. and complete the handshake.

lowtec, if you could point me towards any type of texts on this subject I would appreciate it.

Sorry man, I just came up with that stuff.. I would look at tech specs from a manufacturer if you're interested.

Heh, wow look what I found..

http://securityfocus.org/news/7461

sounds like they need to hire me...

"The very feature of the rolling code was to defeat the code grabber," the lawyer argued. "That's exactly what's being defeated by the Model 39 because now the code grabber situation is back in play again. You might as well not have a rolling code system because you have now defeated it."

lmao.. this reminds me of a scene from a kinda cool action movie "The big hit" where this guy has to hook up the caller-id blocker blocker remover blocker blocker to the line before he makes the ransom call to some bigshot..

i found some schematics for a tool like this this summer i dont know if its still there but the site was www.phreak.org/archives/underground, they had a lot of stuff but some of it seemed to be at the level of the A-cookbook

raven

We made a garage door "brute forcer" once. I lived in a subdivided neighborhood, where every house had the exact same garage door manufacturer. So we got an unprogrammed door opener, which we found to have 8 DIP switches inside for the code. We connected the DIP switch pins to a transistor array, and the transistor array to two 4-bit binary counters. Fed a pulse signal into the counters from a 555 oscillator somewhere between 2 and 5 seconds between pulses. After a while, it would signal all possible 256 combinations, and the door would open.