Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Raven

Weird Phone Loop

8 posts in this topic

OK herz how it rolls every where i have lived there has been that three digit number that you type into a payphone the type in the last four digits of the number, you heare a tone hang up pick up here it again and then hang back up about five seconds later the phone rings and when answerd you hear that ringing. now every place i have live the three digit number was diffrent, now my questions, what exactly is this doing? Can i use this to help Phreak? and can i get a list of those numbers for everyplace in the us or close to it?

Raven

That right there is called a RINGBACK. Where I live, you can also make your home phone ring by dialng the 3 digit ringback number, and then your 7 digit phone number.

Now, to your question: "Can I use this to help phreak?"

Just what exactly is your definition of "phreak"?

NY RINGBACK: 660

NJ RINGBACK: 550

...there is also an 800 "loop-back" number that will ringback your line, but I forgot the number.

550 is for the 732 part of nj, the lower half, 609, is diffrent, I don't know what it is, but I found this out when I went down there over the weekend.

az (928): 591 :)

okay, as far as 'phreaking' with this, it really depends on your definition.

i regualrly get my kicks by getting serveral friends and making an entire block of payphones ring.

Yeah I don't really know what you'd actually use it for... I don't know.. I remember I used to use it just to tell my dad it's time to eat when he was in teh garage.. I don't know... Going outside and opening a door to yell was a little much for me... Yeah, I could see how making a whole phone system call itself would be fun. lol

Yeah I don't really know what you'd actually use it for... I don't know.. I remember I used to use it just to tell my dad it's time to eat when he was in teh garage.. I don't know... Going outside and opening a door to yell was a little much for me... Yeah, I could see how making a whole phone system call itself would be fun. lol

:D Set up a line to terminate on two points (the original line and a phreaky-deek "monitoring station" :roll: ) and dial. Have it ring the other person. :o Hilarity ensues!

:huh: Confuse people with the loop that never ends, never ends, never ends: Set up a call forwarding variable to the ringback number (the true terminating number, not the three digit "test number").

:blink: Piss people off. Sneak into their dial settings on their computer and change their required dialout prefix to the three digit ringback. Nobody ever sets their modem to ATM1 anymore...

:ninja: Reset your cable/pair to correspond to one of the emergency services backdoor numbers after adding three-way calling and voicemail to the line. True ANI II might read back to the emergency services people that they're calling themselves.

:nono: Go down to the pair box of a large apartment complex and tie in to random lines. You might be tempted to do so with a test set, but WAIT! Why not cobble together a catcall-like program set to time itself randomly (to do this an old pda and some intermediate programming skills should suffice). Hide it on somebody's pair that you hate and leave it there for a few weeks.

:borg: Set your phone to dial out silently to the ringback number and map a shortcut key to it so that when somebody you don't want to see walks into your office or whatnot you can say you just received an important call.

:wub: Set your modem to call the ringback number at random intervals so that you don't feel unloved.

/ab

Bozeman Montana 955 ringbacks in highschool payphone was hilarious to watch people respond to.

yeah thanx for answering my gay question, shortly after posting i found this info out, but as to my part of using it for phreaking, i mean not in the sense of getting free calls but can this be used to permently make the phone ring