Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orion

Your first hacks

135 posts in this topic

Meh not really a hack, but I was further intrigued by computers after performing this. I pretty much spoofed my e-mail( pretending to be my mother) to my teacher at the time, Mr. Hendrixson, that told him I would be absent so I could not perform my presentation. I claimed "I" ( my mother) was at work so I could not write an excuse note and her son ( me ) was being babysat. This was in 7th grade.

After that, Freshman year of high school, when we used the WEB, we had a simple auth pop up with the IP address. I was curious and telneted to the IP and there it gave me options to change the login passwords and passwords of users. I used the teachers passwords which I recovered and had full access of the WEB.

That was 7 years ago.

-seven.

Well it wasn't really a hack, but when i was a freshmen in highschool they had this really cheap firewall that filtered the blocked sites by URL and not IP...

So i wrote this php proxy script that retrieved the website, resolved all the host names and then replaced them with the ip's. pretty lame but it worked ^^

when i was 16 i think. my first year at high school. i 'hacked' the school lan network. they had there this security program (dont remember the name) to which i gained admin access and changed some minor detail just to prove the 'hack', you know. unfortunately for me they found out plus also by some unforseen occurrence some files with grades went missing - however that was not me but according to my conspiracy calculations my computer class teacher which hated me because i never payed attention to her. they made me responsible for all of this and i got almost kicked. luckily the grades were found which put an end to the evil plan of my computer class teacher and also saved my ass from kicking. the end.

Not to sure if it counts as a hack but... ile say it anyway.

I was 13 and on the school Intranet they were stupid enough to put the 'Staff Page' at the bottom corner, the colour as the background but when you CTRL + A the page it becomes obvious...

Anyways on this page had everything for the teachers, all the teachers numbers, email addresses, personal info you name it

=) then i realised some child was watching over me and told the whole school... next day banned.

Oh and another one, the school has Fire fox but they didn't think anyone uses it(cause my class is dumb shits) the options menu wasn't disabled so i was able to change the proxy sever, download add-ons and best of all download Emulators =) anything was possible.

I never really considered it a hack

But it inspired me to try more.

I was using a pay phone to call my parents while I was staying with mu Aunt & Uncle for the summer but had no money. I had watched some stupid army brat movie and noticed how one kid got anything he wanted if he screamed and cried enough, so I Dialed "0".......Just to interrupt the whole thing for a second, Operators, have you EVER heard one who was a guy?....anyway, I cried, made up a fake sob story of how I was lost of something and she patched me through. I thought this was seriously the coolest thing EVER at the time.

the ELF interpreter for the linux 2.6 series kernel (exploit still works, heh). That was a few years ago.

First unsuccessful hack

Age 6

Grandpa had a Win 95 machine, and through dos was able to copy Winclock into itself. Took the repair man 5-6 hours to repair it, and all the other problems with files with bad date/times.

First Successful Hack

Age 10

Made a simple loop program in basic, and put it in the autoexec.bat file on a teachers computer at school. The school's "tech" guy was in highschool, couldn't figure it out. Said it was something bad with the motherboard, and they threw it out.

First successful hack

Was from a guy in my city that have a win 2k sharing a folder, and i discovered that the admin's user password was a blank pass.. I connect and see a pritty passwords.txt file :blink: . In there was like 6 pop3 user/pass, 3 credit cards and other stuff..

*sorry about my english..

Hey there.

It wasn't a hacking stuff, but I remember 123greetings.com about 7 years ago it didnt have the anti spam filter, so I used to copy and paste an email address thousand times in the "send to" area and after few seconds that email will be filled with greeting cards. The size limit is then exceeded and you need 1 hour to delete all that bunch of emails.

Funny, right?

i just got my first hack

i didnt want to start a new post so yea..

i was at school today and was on the computer when the teacher left. Since it was a mac

i could pretty much just use terminal since i know unix

so i check the user:lacoelacoe

pretty obvious

thats the name of the school

then i typed passwd and get "Old Passwd:"

took a couple guesses but i got it

guess what it was.....admin!!!

lol

anyway since i got home i found other hosts on the netblock with telnet open and default passwords

it connects to the routers being a speedstream and a cayman!

im still trying to go deeper into the internal network!

and at only 14 years old!

jk thats not too young!

Since you're 14 I'm going to give you some advice

If you break the law, do not, under any circumstance, brag about it on the internet.

lets just say i got my way into mndot's 800MHz, and 2GHz microwave system.

yeah well i got really far in and am currently helping the idiot that is the sysadmin at my school

:D

I think my first official hack was in 1990, when I was 16 or 17. I uploaded command.com onto a WWIV BBS and then ran it. This gave me a DOS prompt and allowed me to download the sysop's BBS database. From there I could log in as the sysop and do anything I wanted to the BBS. I repeated this hack nonstop for about a year straight, until everyone in the area was ready to lynch me.

It's been pretty much downhill for me since then.

My first real hack was my senior year of highschool. A friend and myself were out wardriving and pulled off to the side to get into a WEP encrypted network. After the cracking we got into their router using default passwords. Then we noticed they had a certain server forwarded to port 80, so we popped open firefox and found out the server was a security camera server!

Then we freaked out cause we had no idea we'd pull over to find a security camera network. We made it viewable remotely and went to bed. The next morning we both woke up and opened up the remote cameras to watch the customers shop around this place. We noticed the manager of the store starting to get nervous pointing at his computer. Then we both watched as he held up a piece of paper he just wrote on that said "Who are you?" That's when we logged out. And we have the entire scenario on video :)

My first hack was nothing to do with technology. Back in the mid to late 80's when in grade school my friend and I discovered a flaw in a Pepsi look under the cap game. We had purchased a six pack of bottled Pepsi, two of which were awarded a free soda. We noticed a 5 digit code on each cap. From this we started to wonder if Pepsi printed a unique number on each soda bottle. When comparing the numbers we noticed all ended with a four or five. All except the winners, which ended in six. As it turned out this code on the outside of the bottle cap would identify a soda bottle which be awarded a free soda. Needless to say we drank a lot of Pepsi that summer. Too bad they weren't giving away cash prizes.

I will not mention my first technological hack because it was very skiddie in nature.

I was working on a early "proprietary" BSD blend and fixed a kernel memory corruption bug, a nasty previous maintainer did the nasty. Not fun.

That's "real" hacking, the rest of you are children. :roll:

Edited by BSDfan

I was working on a early "proprietary" BSD blend and fixed a kernel memory corruption bug, a nasty previous maintainer did the nasty. Not fun.

I built a binary clock out of CMOS chips when I was 9. Was that hacking?

I built a binary clock out of CMOS chips when I was 9. Was that hacking?

Sure, why not. ;)

Hi there,

i'm dutch, so i apologize for my (probably) bad grammar.

My first 'Hack' was for about a year ago, ( i am 16 ).

I did a SQL injection on http://www.fullreleases.com .

i barely knew how to do a SQL injection, but it worked :D.

i started with (id)+1=1--.

after that i injected (id)+1=0-

it told me that i used a SQL code that didnt exist. ^^

after that i started to inject with 'ORDER BY'.

I had to guess how much tables and collums the side had.

( 117226 tables ). it took me half an hour.

next time i will write something in Perl or AS to check that for me >.<

after i knew the amount of tables, i started injecting with 'UNION ALL SELECT'.

after that i dont know what i did, or what happened, but the output gave me A HELL LOT of hashes and emails.

Most of them were MD5 hashes WITHOUD any salts :D

so i managed to crack lots of them with passwordspro.

lots of gmail, hotmail, and even PAYPAL accounts were cracked :D.

i still have a screenshot of a cracked paypal account somewhere, i shall look for it.

cyaz.

Nexigen

I will never fully understand why somebody would post on the internet... for public view... when what they are posting is against the law.

some good first hacks though.

My first "hack" was about seven or eight years ago. My parents had password protected their computer and I wanted on to play games. (I was like 10 or 11). Just booted up in safe mode and changed password so I could do whatever.

Nothing much but that was the first.

Nothing all that impressive really. When I was 14, we had antiquated software that was designed to draw fonts. You'd literally code in the shape of the letters, and then it would print it on screen. I got it to draw an animated plane leaving an airport. Then there was all sort of fun with other electronics, turning sensor boxes into light shows. Good times. :)

When I was 12-13, our computers at school ran Windows95 and were pretty draconianly secured. You couldn't access the C:\ drive from Windows Explorer for instance. So I created an iFrame window in a webpage that linked to the C:\ drive... and guess what - I could surf the contents as if it were natively within Explorer. Nothing too special or particularly difficult, just a bit of fun.