Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orion

Your first hacks

135 posts in this topic

What were your first hacks, local and remote. Please post how you did it(in general) like software used and attack method. What age your were and target if you want, and the out come.

Local

Age 20

Target polytecnic systems

Software used Fake Novell server

Attack method Novell had a problem with child rights being passed down. The script used injection to an admin process.

Outcome Able to access all students user folders, with write and read priv

Remote none

Edited by orion

not my first hack but first time there was any decent reward

age 16

local

when wifi was first getting big think 2002 a friend and I discoverd that a small resturant chain kept all of there information on a most wide open

wireless network. we used airsnort for a couple of days just to crack the wep key and the password on a share on the computer was the name of the store

this gave us credit card infromation payroll records etc..

we reported it and they gave us gift cards

then some one forged many copys of these gift cards and some people ate quite a few free meals.

It was a school energy reporting computer... You just needed to guess a password to get in... they were '1' , '2' , & '3'.. once inside typing random things like modify, and define, came up with all sorts of different lists.. Then I noticed it only looked at the first three letters of a command to recognize it.. So with that... my first brute forcer was created to scan it from aaa - zzz... I got majorly bored around the 'q''s and stopped it there...

Then I noticed that if you ^s'd it you could halt the thing for weeks... and calling it back... I ^q'd it... allowed to to try to hang up.. and then I noticed it picked up the phone and dialed pulse... ah!! who is it calling?? well.. I taped it to a cassette... then transfered it to a Real-to-Real, each time slowing it down and down.. until it was slow enough for me to hear the clicks nice and easy... Also if you through it a 'answer' carrier it'd dumped these kilowatt usage reports in plain text to ya... So we figured that number it was calling was a printer/buffer something to capture these... So needless to say.. they got ALOT of naked ansi chicks...

then one snow day... I called it via a terminal... and someone was on the other side... I typed who is this.. The responded.. this is TVA... explains the kilowatt stuff... Needless to say.. I didn't call it again (during business hours that is)

They only changed the password after a couple of years... After we renamed all the major locations (like Cafeteria, library, etc) to our handles... How we didn't get busted; I have no fucking clue.

I was a freshmen in high school.. so that was what? 14?

My first "Hack" was in 5th grade when I was 10-11 (I am 15 now), I wrote a batch file and ran netstat and found the network IP of our schools server then just DOS'ed it to death and the entire school network went down for like 10 minutes :P Pretty lame "hack" :P

Around age 15, I decrypted the AIM password algorithm. A few months later they came out with a new version. :)

I think I might still have the notes I made when I did that.

Around the same age I also was able to decrypt the NetZero, Juno, and I think FreeDotNet, sign on programs. My favorite part about that was FreeDotNet used your regular username and always a password of "FreeDotNet is Cool!" or something similar. They just had their dial program "check" your password which was stored on your local machine.

Edited by thej3w

Wow, lol my first hack is not so glamorous as some but kind of funny.

Our school had really some tight security computer wise, and I had been fuckin around with it for months. They disallowed access to cmd.exe via they didn't list it in the programs menu, so I knocked out a VBScript that allowed me to execute it. That was neat but it gets better. That same day I was emailing some shit home (a project if you must know) and I accidentally clicked the "Up one Directory" button to many times... it dumped me into the $tuden_shared folders as they were called, any way there were like 100+ of em so I emailed them all as an attachment (how I could do that I really don't know but it let me) to the admin. The subject was "you know you've been pw0ned when...". The next day I was called to the principles office, the principle was being all high and mighty when the admin was behind him laughing; afterwards he (the admin) pulled me out of class the same day saying it "is just policy to report that kinda shit" and cracked up because I mail bombed him.

Another time I sent an email to the teachers saying: this is a test of the Mail System, please send this to 10+ people that you know the e-mail address of on this network (*@myschool.org).... the mail system got sooooo fucked up.

Another time I sent an email to the teachers saying: this is a test of the Mail System, please send this to 10+ people that you know the e-mail address of on this network (*@myschool.org).... the mail system got sooooo fucked up.

lol.... that was too easy...

Oh I lied to ya guys... me so sorry... but I just remembered... my VERY first hack was entering 99e99 on a BBS in like 1985... it crashed it. I think it was an early version of cnet bbs but I'm not sure, it's been sooooo long.... if any of ya remember that.

Um, I have no idea if this even a hack (it is more like me being a bastard) but here we go.

In my Freshman year in High School our entire school was controlled by Macs. I fucking hated it, but the lead Admin/Cisco teacher loved Macs. Go figure.

So some kid on his server side managed to get a emulator and some video game roms on his server. He was being an elitist jerk and would not share.

One day I talked to the kid and gave him some of my donuts. I asked him if he had the current notes for the Cisco IOS on his computer and I saw him typed in his user name and password. My brain became the keystroke logger.

So I then wrote the notes down, which included his password and user name, then went in and used the FTP servers to move his roms on my machine. I then reported him via a friends computer to the admins and his rom's were deleted.

I then became the warez dood of my school.

No I do not feel good about what I did, but hay, Mortal Kombat during boring lectures on MD5 encryption makes things all better! :D

My first hack was pretty lame. I found a way to dial into the free Juno dial-up service without the annoying adverts at the top of the screen. Another first was putting Napster on the network in high school and showing people how to map to it. we had a pretty good music library all on their storage server.

I was like 7, or 8. While playing Super Mario 64, I paused it, and (out of boredom) started randomly pushing the buttons on the far side of the pad. Finally, I hear a melody. I get back to game and find out that I freezed the time, meaning that Mario could move, but everything else didn't. If only I knew which combination was right...

my first hack i guess was in freshman year of high school. our school used this system, where when you would get lunch, you would walk through the line and put in a pin at this keypad, which would charge to your lunch money account. i found the list of pins for the jr. and sr. high on an open and freely viewable network disk.

I was 14 years old. Friend show me how easy (with exploit :) )he can deface phpbb forum. I wanna try too so I download php script, put that script in host and run code :) I easy get admin pass hash, next with cookie editor i made the cookie with admin hash.I type the forum url and i became admin. I was total lamer, but i do daface :D

I was 14 years old. Friend show me how easy (with exploit :) )he can deface phpbb forum. I wanna try too so I download php script, put that script in host and run code :) I easy get admin pass hash, next with cookie editor i made the cookie with admin hash.I type the forum url and i became admin. I was total lamer, but i do daface :D

The title is "your first hack", if you didn't notice.

eh i guess my first real hack was this past year (im a sophomore in high school now) I found a way to get past their so called "security " and opened up a terminal find out the ip went home found they had remote desktop server , but with that terminal I was able to do stuff they had disabled on the computers so it was I guess cool but also lame

First real hack was when i managed to break into nasa complaint's department,I noticed in the source code there was a few thing's not properly sanitized and just so happen's some one picked a login some thing like the following

username :"billy"

password :"muhaa"

So with them using " it seamed to cancel out any thing that was in between the the letter's so i was able to just log in with

username :""

password :""

Let me straight in made a few complaint's changed the guy's profile sent a few email's and changed alot of his stuff where he had wrote note's was funny,There is a video of it on the web some where,Even funny still i went back to there web site a few month's later only to notice a little message at the bottom of the page saying some shit about updated security any attempt's to login will be logged and dealt with according,But i have a few more but im not willing to share due to fear of come back's.Oh them were the day's but now i don't hack just exploit development.

Edited by n00b

My first school hacked involved sniffing network traffic and I got their snmp rw string. So I started scanning their network with that snmp value and found out that they used it for all their switches, wireless routers, pretty much everything. I was then able to download the configs from their cisco routers with that snmp string and I decoded the type-7 password. This was also the password that they used on all their network devices and even some of the desktop computers.

So a few weeks later I started scanning their ip range for computers that had rdp enabled. I got lucky and found a machine that had rdp enabled. They where nice enough to use the same password for on all their computers administrator accounts. So i got in as admin, dumped the guys password with cain and then I cracked it. I dumped the saved forms and got his email passwords. I then ran cain in quiet mode and began monitoring them.

Sending a file to my friend on AIM, netstating his IP and telneting in.

lame but my first 'hack'

Lol big brother lmfao agrr the good old day's .

What the HELL did you just say? I need someone to translate

This is my specialty.

I'm the ambassador to nogrammar isle.

"Laughing out loud Big Brother. Laughing my ass off at the good old days."

lame but my first 'hack'

And when was this?

I'm not sure how young I was, but my Pong console was not working on the TV I was given for it so I took a pair of scissors and used them as wire strippers to rewire the Y connection to get it working.

My first real hack was also in school, about 5 or 6 years ago... They had a network all over the building, with certain computers available for students to use (with plenty of restrictions!) so one day I told my friends to enable the little Windows pop-up-message app (I forgot what it's called, but it comes with Win). I sniffed & cracked the admin pwds and sent it to the pop-up apps. The next thing the admins knew, we were all playing games on the computers! (I almost got busted a while later for playing with their main server & the exec director walked in... I barely escaped).

This is my 1st post as well...

lame but my first 'hack'

And when was this?

4 maybe 5 years ago