Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ragweed

Scrolling in Firefox

16 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if it's possible to have something similar to IE in Firefox where by clicking the scroll wheel a compass rose sort of thing comes up and allows me to move the mouse up or down and thereby scrolling the page. I don't know if it makes a difference but I happen to be using Linux.

Edited by ragweed

I'm on Windows, and I can do that in FF. Is your version the latest version of FF ?

It does matter because that's the default functionality of Firefox in Windows. Good question about the linux version though. I've been meaning to find this out myself but never got around to it.

In about:config, change the value of general.autoscroll to true. This was bugging me for a while so I looked it up a couple of weeks back.

i got so annoyed with this problem to... i didnt use the about:config route tho i simply ran the windows version using wine

Cool... it was bothering me too, but I was just too lazy to look it up...

Thanks Qwerty...

hah im "compass rose" scrolling all over your posts! (ff 2.0.0.3) (windows)

i got so annoyed with this problem to... i didnt use the about:config route tho i simply ran the windows version using wine

That's just stupid.

In about:config, change the value of general.autoscroll to true. This was bugging me for a while so I looked it up a couple of weeks back.

Thank you very very much. :)

keep an eye out for clicking over a link with the middle button though, when i downloaded FF i didnt notice i had that enabled and it was driving me nuts when reading some pages >.< by the time i was done i had 15 tabs that i hadnt meant to open lurking there :P

I'm just gonna tack onto this thread

In Windows I have the option to use my side mouse buttons to go forward and backwards well browsing is there a option in the about:config to edit that aswell?

It worked on swiftfox, which is based on the most recent firefox release on Linux.

Wow. That totally worked. Thanks man. I missed that little thing when I moved to Linux.

Whats this rose thing? This:-?

post-6384-1182206576.gif

Wow, didn't know it was that easy ;) Well, thanks a lot :D Been missing that for a while.

I'm just gonna tack onto this thread

In Windows I have the option to use my side mouse buttons to go forward and backwards well browsing is there a option in the about:config to edit that aswell?

I don't know if you can change it in about:config, but I've got it working with my MX518 by changing the xorg.conf.

This works with Logteich MX mice, if you have another mouse try googling for it.

Whats this rose thing? This:-?

yes, that is what he's referring to...