Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gloomer

Wardriving resources

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm buying a laptop in a week, so I'm busy prepping for it. Downloading the latest breakcore/techno mixes :P and I'd like to have everything I need to jump into the mix.

Heck, I know I could google it, but you guys have probably bookmarked the best resources. I like to print everything out, so text resources are preferred.

So if you don't mind posting wardriving resources, you'd make me a much happier guy.

Thanks

It's pretty simple, you don't need to do much reading on it. it depends on your setup but since your buying a laptop i assume it's Windoze

NetStumbler

Wi-Fi card (make sure it has an antenna jack)

Antenna

GPS device if you plan on mapping (get one with a usb connection)

AC converter for car lighter plug (unless you plan on driving around the block)

Tinted windows (look cool and the girls like it, oh yea, people won't see what your doing)

An XXL can of Monster lo-carb energy drink (my personal favorite)

and if you're old-school like me, a Can of Pringles :)

Well actually, I'll probably be doing both. So if you have any suggestions for Backtrack or anything, let me know.

I have a dedicated linux laptop so honestly I have never tried out backTrackm but from what I've heard and read it's probably the best Live distro out there. Now I'm starting to wonder why I never tried it. Maybe I'll download it tonight and post a review or something of the sort tomorrow.