Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epew23

Embeding video files

5 posts in this topic

I have been making alot of presentations with powerpoint. I was wonder if anyone knows how to take the html you use to embed a video player, in powerpoint. I can just download them and insert them that way but i am just a little curious.

As far as I know, I don't think that Powerpoint has the ability to 'read' html, the drag 'n drop is the way they want you using it. Microsoft Office isn't the best software for experimentation, its geared towards a more corporate, educational, or newb users.

Just out of curiosity, why would you use Powerpoint over open source software like OpenOffice in the first place?

Just out of curiosity, why would you use Powerpoint over open source software like OpenOffice in the first place?

because it is on my computer and works. Plus my professors prefer it because most of them already have it installed on their computers.

because it is on my computer and works. Plus my professors prefer it because most of them already have it installed on their computers.

Do you mean its already installed on the school's computers? or that your professors prefer powerpoints? or that you think open office doesnt do the same things as MS Office?

Replying to the original post: You cannot use the raw HTML code and "embed" a player in powerpoint. Options would be to create a hyperlink to the video on the slide with instructions to "Click here to view the video" or you can save the video from the website in a compatible format (avi, wmv, asf, mpeg) and embed it in the PowerPoint file, although the drawback to this is that the resulting PowerPoint file is likely to be HUGE.

Replying to all the openOffice fanboys: When oO's presentation software can successfully handle embedded video and still have the file work when saved as PowerPoint format and later opened in MS PowerPoint on another computer, then its time to consider its use. If you have PowerPoint available, by all means use it. Why always the "f*** MS" attitude? :blowfuse: Its just plain childish.

Edited by chakote