Bino Panda

rescue linux

9 posts in this topic

Google "rescue-linux download" is that first link the one you want?

correct me if im wrong but this is a special distro for fixing big problems easy with a simple gui right?

Edited by Bino Panda

correct me if im wrong but this is a special distro for fixing big problems easy with a simple gui right?

don't know... Never used it.

the summary of it looks to be some kind of gui...

or google "allintext:rescue-linux download" that might be the one you want...

you could do alot with this distro like add remove partitions for dual booting among other things... even has ntfs3g that lets you mount your windows partition and get full access to the win partition however it encrypts hash files before starting so its not as fun as the other distros out there... my favorite included in this distro is partimage since it could save your harddrive as an image to restore the os without reinstalling from scratch... plus you could use it to see what changes are made when you attack your 'own' box

go here to get it... http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

cheers

i made a multi boot disk with system rescue,dsl,slax killbill ed.... etc... very versatile cd

thank you, while i dont intend to attack my own computer if it is attacked i would like to have as many repair options as possible. thanks for the link this looks more like what i wanted.

The System Rescue CD is more for hardware not someone hacking you. You did read the description, right?

i know i wanted it in case of a bad crash. i don't think that it would easy to hack my computer with my school's firewall im just wanting to prepare for any problems i may have in the future.