Alk3

Chicago Meeting

65 posts in this topic

:'( Missed it. I would love to meet with other hackers. Although, the biggest reason stopping me is because I'm only 13. I would probably be laughed at and scorned that I want to meet with hackers. In my defense, I have to say I know a lot more than the average 13 year old in comps... :blush:

:'( Missed it. I would love to meet with other hackers. Although, the biggest reason stopping me is because I'm only 13. I would probably be laughed at and scorned that I want to meet with hackers. In my defense, I have to say I know a lot more than the average 13 year old in comps... :blush:

Ah, I don't think your parents would allow you to hang out with us. Not because we are hackers or bad guys.. just because we are older. The youngest member is 15, and the oldest is, well old enough. ;)

Being that this meeting is getting closer and closer to dying out, I thought I would take a head count and see who still wants to go to it.

There was discussion amongst a few of us to have the meetings twice a month, but to have one meeting in the city, and the other in the suburubs somewhere. This was supposed to make it easier on the attendees who live outside the city and further than a train ride. Our whole problem with having the meets is because of real life stuff like work, school, and distance.

I have some locations that are easily accessible by the train system, and aren't too far off from the major interstates. Being that I know 3 or 4 people from my school who would be interested in going to the meets, I found a really good location in the Northwest suburbs. Wifi, coffee shops, good restaurants, and easily accessible via the train system. Hopefully we can discuss this and find a few locations that we can rotate and post the info on the site (http://312.binrevmeetings.com/).

Is this still a good idea?

please post here or email me at alk3 <<at>> exitstatusone.com

I live in Orland and can get downtown easily enough. Hell, I'll be living down there next fall when I go to school.

I'm interested in getting to a meeting if you're still having them.

EDIT: if you need to get a hold of me send me a pm

Edited by mabufo

you dudes still doing meetings in chicago? I've just moved up here.

you dudes still doing meetings in chicago? I've just moved up here.

Welcome, you wanna do a lunch some time?

Sure, just lemme know when.

I went to the 2600 meeting last this month, wasn't a whole lot going on there :P

I'd like to attend a BR meeting and meet some of you Chicago Dawgs in person.

When and where's the next one?

Yeah I've finally moved into my dorm room in chicago and I'd be available for a random meetup I suppose.

Are there any date suggestions? I'm going to be gone the weekend of the 26th this month.

Aww hell. This thread is pathetic. Let's get a meetup started.

If any of you Chicago-area BinRevvers are interested, send me a PM.

Edited by Colonel Panic

Has 312 managed to establish a meeting location? Or has 312 moved to inactive status? I will be moving to Boston very soon. I would be very interested in meeting up with a few 312 members prior to leaving the area.