Alk3

Chicago Meeting

65 posts in this topic

Third Saturday of the Month.

I think the plan is still to meet up at 1pm. The location is millenium park, but by the bean.

Concert green?

The big green patch of grass by the concert area. Lot's of people are usually there during the weekend.

If you guys ever get this going on a consistent basis, I may hop on down to the Windy City to join you guys sometime. Maybe give a talk, we will have to see. Gets lonely up here without much of a scene in my area.

Good luck to you all!

Edited by Perf-149

If you guys ever get this going on a consistent basis, I may hop on down to the Windy City to join you guys sometime. Maybe give a talk, we will have to see. Gets lonely up here without much of a scene in my area.

Good luck to you all!

If you don't mind my asking, where abouts are yah?

About 1.5 hours to the north of O'Hare. (Wisconsin)

About 1.5 hours to the north of O'Hare. (Wisconsin)

Tinley Park.

Next meeting is?

Somewhere in Millennium Park?

War-train, anybody? :D

I meant, when is the next meeting?

Saturday the 18th. (every third saturday of the month) But i cant make it, again. I know I can make the september one, unless my new school schedule has me have a class on Saturdays... then i have to come in a little late from Mount Prospect.

Does anyone have an idea of the meeting time so I can plan my day accordingly?

This weekend guys!

- Meeting Time: 2.00pm - Approx. 7.00pm

- Meeting Date: Thrid Saturday of the month (8/18/07)

- Place: Millenium Park

Meet by the bean like last time. We are planning on hanging out on the concert green and

working with wifi technologies. Bring laptops, wifi cards, bluetooth enabled devices, and

anything else you can think of.

Also the time changed to 2PM instead of 1pm. Show up early if you want, most people wont

be there.

are there any students that is traveling up from urbana champaign for the meetings? if so how are you getting up there?

Edited by serious putty

I'm driving from Tinley Park and Oak Lawn with Kn0x. We can squeeze 2 more people in the car behind the front row of seats. The trunk is also available. Lemme know who needs a lift.

I'm driving from Tinley Park and Oak Lawn with Kn0x. We can squeeze 2 more people in the car behind the front row of seats. The trunk is also available. Lemme know who needs a lift.

You'd have to go to the meeting to actually take other people. Weird I know. :)

You'd have to go to the meeting to actually take other people. Weird I know. :)

I was busy in Lafeyette IN. I drove a constant 110mph and higher, and it still took nearly 2 hours each way. How was the meeting? If I comitted to driving with someone (kn0x backed out on the lift), I would definatly have made it.

Edited by BrakeDanceJ

I was busy in Lafeyette IN. I drove a constant 110mph and higher, and it still took nearly 2 hours each way. How was the meeting? If I comitted to driving with someone (kn0x backed out on the lift), I would definatly have made it.

I know how you feel, I was supposed to go, but then I realized that Metra by my house doesn't run on Saturdays. Also my best friend bailed out.

HA! I think my excuse is the best one. I had jaw surgery! My mouth was wired shut, and I was in the hospital on Morphine, passed out. :P

HA! I think my excuse is the best one. I had jaw surgery! My mouth was wired shut, and I was in the hospital on Morphine, passed out. :P

Dude, that's what you get for lighting off firecrackers in your mouth.

Quit getting drunk and having conversations about people's mothers and you'll have much less hospital trips.

Any ideas for the next meeting?

Something without blue tooth maybe?

Quit getting drunk and having conversations about people's mothers and you'll have much less hospital trips.

Any ideas for the next meeting?

Something without blue tooth maybe?

Fill me in on all the bluetoothing goodness that went down.

I will get you guys a subdomain at binrevmeetings.com i haven't forgoten about you :) just been busy

Nah, you hate us. We know.

http://312.binrevmeetings.com is up and working i gave MrAlk3 a login so he can create whoever is going to maintain the site let me know if you guys need anything else

-E

Nah, you hate us. We know.

http://312.binrevmeetings.com is up and working i gave MrAlk3 a login so he can create whoever is going to maintain the site let me know if you guys need anything else

-E

Reverse psychology FTW.

Thanks.

thej3w: let me know when you get the domain for the site

Last meet was at my house in the suburbs since kn0x and all you other bums couldn't make it to our usual location in the city. I got two new attendees that go to school with me. Only one said he will make the downtown meeting next month. Turnout was 4 people. Lazy bastards :glare:

Side note: I think we pissed off my neighbor by getting on his wireless connection. We upgraded his router firmware. He said we should never do that again, but thanked us for doing it. :D