Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buccaneere

TIF's boggin' my box...

17 posts in this topic

I'm lookin' of late for a higher-end auto, which means a TON of jam gettin' loaded in my Temp Int Files. Tasman says IExplorer is takin' 300k memory after a few pages of browsin'. I have a 1 G memstick, and no apps in the background.

How can I show Temp Int Files the back door on this box? ('Delete' as they 'write')

Thanks

He's been researching auto stuff and so now he has a bunch of stuff ("jam") getting into his temporary internet files and it's slowing him down.

To solve your problem the best way I know: http://www.getfirefox.net/

He's been researching auto stuff and so now he has a bunch of stuff ("jam") getting into his temporary internet files and it's slowing him down.

Thanks neco... That's not the first time that an alternate browser (FF) has been the suggestion. I'm just wonderin if I can reconfigure IE myself, or find an app that does this task - that is, make the server think it's loadin' all the extras from a web page onto my machine, while actually not writing it at all.

Sorry 'bout that, watchout...

Picture a fake bottom to your mailbox, which actually is open, right into a garbage can, and a browser configured so that every file from address http://ad.doubleclick.net/..., or from address http://servedby.advertising.com/..., etc., etc., either doesn't at all get written, or gets immediately overwritten - to speed up page load times.

There's gotta' be a swamiguru in here somewhere who has this solved!

Just wanna' getta' browse-on. :mellow:

Why not just disable cookies and storage?

Theres also some options for how much can be stored I think.

Just look in 'internet options'

Matter of fact, I checked in Firefox...

cookiesinffqb9.th.png

Why not just disable cookies and storage?

Theres also some options for how much can be stored I think.

Just look in 'internet options'

Tyybnere fhiel wndlwddddun, qianlksan, ndojjhds; kwwasasl - ibbeucmmmmmmmaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yg vuntgh rosuf's? Glarrrn.

Vlluau pxx rhuoishhhhhhhhhhh!

Oops - sorry watchout - I forgot...

translation - I disabled third party cookies, tried max'ing, and minimizing the space for TIF's.

It hasn't made any difference.

I'll try to load another browser. Watch for a mushroom cloud on the east coast...

Are you on like, a really old computer or something?

Also, try the Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup

He says that it has a gig of ram. That means it's not an old computer at all. He also says that IE is taking up 300,000 megs of ram when nothing else is running. I don't know why he thinks IE temp files are the cause of this issue. I bet you that he's got spyware and adware and possibly viruses on his system. Dude, you need to get AVG and Spybot as well as AdAware and clean up your box. A single piece of spyware/adware can slow your PC down to a crawl.

Moving this to the Newbie forum.

Oh, I thought he meant he had a 1 gig flashdrive for some reason.

Whatever, I still helped him with what he thought was his problem :D

You could try using an app like Ccleaner and clean up your computer's junk constantly. But yeah, follow I-ball's suggestion and clean your box up.

Edited by dalejrrocks

He says that it has a gig of ram. That means it's not an old computer at all. He also says that IE is taking up 300,000 megs of ram when nothing else is running. I don't know why he thinks IE temp files are the cause of this issue. I bet you that he's got spyware and adware and possibly viruses on his system. Dude, you need to get AVG and Spybot as well as AdAware and clean up your box. A single piece of spyware/adware can slow your PC down to a crawl.

All three pc's are slow when browsin' car classified web pages. And all three show IExplore.EXE in tasman peggin' memory from 200k - 300k. It's the jam that get loaded as you view each new page, that's slowin' down the pc.

I did this once... While on one page in ebay motors, I dumped all temp int files. I refreshed the page, checked the temp int files again, and I got 83 files re-loaded from that page!

All three machines are clean. Regular de-fraggin', no trashy browsin', no junk. All 3 machines' HD's are mostly empty, savin' one with 3 HD's itself.

I ran XP on a desktop box for 3 years, regular browsin'; not shoppin'-browsin', with a 128Megstick, that loaded pages faster than my Vistabox with the 1G memstick, when browsin' the wheels.

I think it's the Temp int files bein' written, that's slowin' down the pages loadin'. I don't think that even if you max the alloted space for TIF's, it will help. Once the folder is full, it has to start overwritin', and that just keeps the pace at a crawl.

That's why I'm lookin' for some way to show the TIF's the back door, so to speak...

Edited by buccaneere

83 files isn't that much at all.

Vista is probably the problem.

Excellent call, nero!

I loaded FF browser. Pages are loadin' faster, and the cpu fan is cyclin' less from less heat.

SOLD!

Now... How do moz's other browsers compare?

83 files isn't that much at all.

Vista is probably the problem.

Yeah, Vista bites. It's definitely user contentious.

But you think 83 files ain't alot??? FOR ONE PAGE? Remember, I had 3rd party cookies DIS abled...

I don't really think Mozilla has other browsers... :\ Unless sea monkey is one.

But, uh, yeah, make sure to check out the addons page here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

They've got some cool stuff. I highly recommend GreaseMonkey and Mcaffe Site Advisor.

Hmmm. I wonder who's the noo-B here...

Yep, good call that the 1G memstick means new box!

I don't know why he thinks IE temp files are the cause of this issue.

Because I'm browsin' max market pages (pages with very high marketability (automobile)). That's pages with extreme high $$$ adspace. 83 TIF's from one page!!! Like the intersection at main street. It's high $$$ real estate. That's why they call it 'traffic jam' - IP jam. :P

I bet you that he's got spyware and adware and possibly viruses on his system. Dude, you need to get AVG and Spybot as well as AdAware and clean up your box. A single piece of spyware/adware can slow your PC down to a crawl.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... No. No spyware, adware, malware, underware, etc. My stuff is spic-n-span.

Never have run any av software. Never. Around '02, I think, I got that sasser thing. From downloadin' music from junk web sites. Lesson learned. Learned about registry too, right after that! ;)

Nope - buccaneere don't browse trash. Might live amidst it, but that's another story.

Anyway, the browsin' problem is finished, TIF's are toast :P .

Still like to find something that deletes them as they write... Anybody know how to write something like this?

EDIT: No one got an idea, huh?

Gosh - I wish we hadn't re-located here in this column. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

:pissright: moderator.

Edited by buccaneere