Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximillion

Ubuntu keeps Rebooting when it needs to load

8 posts in this topic

What happens is i go to start the computer it does the usual GRUB loader is starting but before code starts to roll down page it restarts.... Anyone know whats wrong.

I checked the CD defects and it was fine....

UBUNTU

Do you have the system installed on the hard drive? If yes, then why are you checking the CD? If no, then how about asking Google first?

Have you changed anything hardware related recently?

I'm sure this question could best be answered on the Ubuntu Forums.

I have googled it several times. But i finaly found the problem the old processer in my Windows 98 era computer will not work well with the pre Grub bootloader on the CD theres a way to fix it but im just gona run DSL on it as a server....

DELETE THIS MODERATOR...

THANK YOU

I have googled it several times. But i finaly found the problem the old processer in my Windows 98 era computer will not work well with the pre Grub bootloader on the CD theres a way to fix it but im just gona run DSL on it as a server....

DELETE THIS MODERATOR...

THANK YOU

Please choose which moderator you would like to erase.

I had this problem with an install once before...not sure WHY ...but I know I missed a step I normally take when installing ANY new OS on any PC....Which would be Low Level formating the hard Drive...

Grab yourself a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD I don't know what I would do without it sometimes....it has tools for almost every Hard drive out there...and even some generic tools...plus a whole slew of nifty tools for all kinds of things you never knew you needed

Edited by doomtroll