Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawvawd_law

1AESS

5 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Haven't been active for a while, been busy with school and all, but I started itching, and had to set up local service to explore the area. It gets hooked up tomorrow, but I did a check on Telcodata, and found out I'm going to be on a 1AESS switch, needless to say, I am pretty happy. Hopefully I can get some recordings up soon, and if there is anything any of you would like me to check out, let me know. I'm going to hop on my bike now and run by the CO to see the building.

Cheers,

Hawvawd_Law

Didn't know that NPA 614 still had some old 1AESS switches anymore.

I hope you didn't use telcodata.us for your research. That list is so old. It still shows a number of 1A switches in service when in fact they've been cut over to other switches (EWSD, DMS-100, 5ESS, etc.).

Ya, this of course was my fear. I will just have to test it out tomorrow when it gets hooked up to find out if it still is a 1AESS switch. There are 8 exchanges running out of that CO, so I am worried that they may have upgraded, however, it is in "not-so-great" part of town, which I can hope means they didn't upgrade. I just wish I knew how new the information was, because if it wasn't upgraded after the telco decided we wouldn't need a new NPA, then there is a possibility that it is still the old switch. But they may have upgraded it before then, getting ready for the growing demand of phones. I just hope the information was updated after the land-line need started to die down.

Hawvawd_Law

Great... Well, at least I can still explore. And there are some active payphones close to my house, so it is not a total loss. Plus, I am planning on a project, but I have to work on the technical details first, so I don't get flamed back to the stone age :)

Hawvawd_Law