mastahcks

This is some pretty cool tech, i would get this

15 posts in this topic

I like the first video the best. It shows a lot of things that you could already do if you just had mad-cash for the applications.

The second video that shows them placing the tiles on the screen was pretty cool with the interaction between the software. But it's a dead end. Would I have to buy new tiles every time I wanted a new application?

The last video showing the multi-touch screen was something I'd like to have around the house but after he kept saying that the "interface just goes away" you then see him touching icons on the top of the screen.

Cool stuff, though. I think the first one could be done if you had an implanted rfid chip.

hmm, i'm not going to attempt to check out the vids on this connection, but i did find somthing neat-0 on stumble yesterday.

http://www.usbcell.com/

they make rechargeable batteries that plug into usb

hmm, i'm not going to attempt to check out the vids on this connection, but i did find somthing neat-0 on stumble yesterday.

http://www.usbcell.com/

they make rechargeable batteries that plug into usb

Come on that is so old I saw that one years ago. bought one it is crap. the cool thing that is going to come out for batteries are rechargers that you don't even have to plug in the beam the energy on radio wave I seen it in action and it is real and on the market standred in a little over a year i think.

However the other stuff is gold that drafting board is going to be a news editor best friend I preditic unless that new nano tech makes something better.

the panel might make it if they move to nanofilm thet you can edit and drsign your own panels. the only one of those vids that was bad is the comercial was microsoft and that is all phony by the way.

pretty cool technology... if it were real

"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto." Huh? Right? Manifesto? "You may stop me, but you can't stop us all."

Come on that is so old I saw that one years ago. bought one it is crap. the cool thing that is going to come out for batteries are rechargers that you don't even have to plug in the beam the energy on radio wave I seen it in action and it is real and on the market standred in a little over a year i think.

Tesla said we could do that, and he did make something that did that in the 1800's. He said it would be safer than wires but no one listened.

I don't know, it's somewhat of a scary future to me. A world where one cannot operate unplugged, untracked, alone.

A world where we don't use computers as tool to free our lives of them, but where we are led by them.

I personally liked the 3rd video, although I cant come up with an application that would be reasonable to use that with in my everyday computer needs, it would still be fun to have. The whole idea reminded me of the interfaces used in the movie minority report.

I don't know, it's somewhat of a scary future to me. A world where one cannot operate unplugged, untracked, alone.

A world where we don't use computers as tool to free our lives of them, but where we are led by them.

In my opinion we are already to a point where that is the case, I don't know anyone who would willingly unplug themselves from technology, it is already too much a part of everyday life to be removed at this point. We are already very much in a world where everyone is tracked and it is becoming increasingly difficult to operate unplugged.

That said, if we are already to that point, bring on the new technology, at least we can have some fun with it.

I read a book of short stories that I believe was called 'silicon dreams'. In one of the stories a futuristic family got so poor (mom got cancer, insurance skrewed them) that the government UNPLUGED them. The kid was real bright but ended up on the street just because if he went to school the bullies (including his old best friend) beat him to a pulp and his dad and granny got taken to jail and old folk home because his dad could not work because he had no computer. It paints a very horrible picture of somethings that happen today that we don't see and how they can get worse in the future.

I for one think that no government on group should have that sort of ability that they can take action or be allowed to not do something they are suppose to do anyway that would hurt someone that is innocent in this manner.

Back on topic I read an article about a machine that I would phrase as a Plasma Torch Atomiser. What it does is a-masing. U put any trash in it even shotgun shells and it uses the same type of torch that is used in industrial sheet meteal cutting to break the stuff down to atoms. then it uses this to create several gases, a water soluble glass, and more energy then it uses. It gets the energy back from the molecular bonds it breaks. their are 5 of these devices that I know of and the military has been using 2 to get rid of their nonnuclear waste. I think the other 3 are in china, and 2 US cities dumps. One can take more trash then New York makes in a day! Now that is what I call cool tech, but it uses nothing that hasn't been around for the past 15 years!

I read a book of short stories that I believe was called 'silicon dreams'. In one of the stories a futuristic family got so poor (mom got cancer, insurance skrewed them) that the government UNPLUGED them. The kid was real bright but ended up on the street just because if he went to school the bullies (including his old best friend) beat him to a pulp and his dad and granny got taken to jail and old folk home because his dad could not work because he had no computer. It paints a very horrible picture of somethings that happen today that we don't see and how they can get worse in the future.

I for one think that no government on group should have that sort of ability that they can take action or be allowed to not do something they are suppose to do anyway that would hurt someone that is innocent in this manner.

Back on topic I read an article about a machine that I would phrase as a Plasma Torch Atomiser. What it does is a-masing. U put any trash in it even shotgun shells and it uses the same type of torch that is used in industrial sheet meteal cutting to break the stuff down to atoms. then it uses this to create several gases, a water soluble glass, and more energy then it uses. It gets the energy back from the molecular bonds it breaks. their are 5 of these devices that I know of and the military has been using 2 to get rid of their nonnuclear waste. I think the other 3 are in china, and 2 US cities dumps. One can take more trash then New York makes in a day! Now that is what I call cool tech, but it uses nothing that hasn't been around for the past 15 years!

lots of things have been around for decades and are yet not used, there is a financial background to everything. i know its cliche but the first example is oil, and alternative energy sources... theres too much money behind oil, too much conflict coming from it and the concessions on it etc... the day the world runs out of oil and enough people die and enough money is made, solar energy, vegetable derived energy sources and the sort will be all over hte place...

same with the new technologies. its not cost effective yet to produce somethign that only 1% of hte population will buy, you have to first of all make sure its safe to use, then make sure you can profit LARGE from it (sadly, sometimes its not in that order that the process takes place)

but hey, i believe in too much random shit... go go the german economist who suggested everyone despite their reality should get an 800 euro rent :D

"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto." Huh? Right? Manifesto? "You may stop me, but you can't stop us all."

how does your signature work?

how does your signature work?

Black on black... highlight ftw.

Isn't it just a "spoiler" tag around his sig?

This is hidden with the spoiler tag!

I personally liked the 3rd video, although I cant come up with an application that would be reasonable to use that with in my everyday computer needs, it would still be fun to have. The whole idea reminded me of the interfaces used in the movie minority report.

For a desk computer it would be awkward to hold your hands out in front of you all day, however for devices that are to small (like the navigation system in a car or the screen of a cell phone) it would be very handy to have.

However, I want it at my desk anyway because it is cool :P

I don't know if I want to live like that. All hooked up by the bracelet. I guess its not a big change today but it would be odd. I did like the say and play in the car.