littlemac

Bypassing HP Power-On Password with Unlock6

31 posts in this topic

I have an HP DV4000 laptop with a Power-On password activated, but no password. The HP manual details how to reset CMOS, pointing to a program on their website called UNLOCK6.EXE, which is no longer available (Thanks, HP!).

Anyway, I have tried unplugging the CMOS battery, looked for a jumper or switch, etc. but no luck. It seems like the only way is to find this UNLOCK6 program to run the override password (05260) that was given to me on this laptop, so that UNLOCK6 can generate a backdoor password.

If anyone can help with a copy of this program or by generating the password and passing it along to me, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an HP DV4000 laptop with a Power-On password activated, but no password. The HP manual details how to reset CMOS, pointing to a program on their website called UNLOCK6.EXE, which is no longer available (Thanks, HP!).

Anyway, I have tried unplugging the CMOS battery, looked for a jumper or switch, etc. but no luck. It seems like the only way is to find this UNLOCK6 program to run the override password (05260) that was given to me on this laptop, so that UNLOCK6 can generate a backdoor password.

If anyone can help with a copy of this program or by generating the password and passing it along to me, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the app. I can send it to you if you want.

That would be great! Thanks for the very fast reply. Too bad I didn't notice it sooner. I guess I was expecting a notice through email that there was a reply.

What would be the best way to send it to me?

Thanks

Have the same problem with a dv2000. The hp link in the manual is beyond my reach. Can someone send me the app also?

If the removing the battry does not work, then i can not see it being in CMOS. This simple code will get rid of the BIOS password, but how are you going to run it ?.

org 0x100
remove:
mov al, 0x2E
out 0x70, al

mov al, 0xFF
out 0x71, al
exit:
int 0x20

Edited by Dex

After 3 login attempts a number code is generated. Run the utility on another machine; enter the number code, and password is generated. The password isn't stored on the cmos chip. Of course, I could be wrong, got to try until I get it.

If someone could run the utility and post the result, the code is 16220. Thanks.

From what I understand, these laptops have a CMOS chip that stores the power-on password whether the CMOS battery is installed or not. I left my CMOS battery unplugged for 28 days with no effect.

The program does not identify or erase the user-defined password, but instead identifies the specific backdoor password for that laptop serial number.

I have yet to hear back from DaleJRRocks with the application, but I hope someone will be able to provide some assistance soon.

Thanks!

If the removing the battry does not work, then i can not see it being in CMOS. This simple code will get rid of the BIOS password, but how are you going to run it ?.

org 0x100
remove:
mov al, 0x2E
out 0x70, al

mov al, 0xFF
out 0x71, al
exit:
int 0x20

1337 hack Dex :)

but how are you going to run it ?

hmmm........ put in a new cmos? :)

What exactly is the point of a BIOS password if HP has backdoor to every single one? FreeBIOS?

Edited by slacker

I need the application too please!

Best of luck. I still haven't received a response from anyone with the program after 6 weeks, so don't expect help right away, if at all.

Best of luck. I still haven't received a response from anyone with the program after 6 weeks, so don't expect help right away, if at all.

can anyone provide the unlock6 software, or backdoor password for 13313

Send me a mail and i will send unlock6.exe

i have sendt to several but i got this mail demon

Send an ordinary mail , not trought binary

Odja@online.no

hp had ftp problems for a long time and they had resolved it a few days ago. maybe the file you have been needing is uploaded again.

I have the app. The only real problem is how to use it. For what it seems, everyone says that it should give you a code after the third try so you can input it in unlock6, but thats not my case. I just get a weird starlike character and don't know how to use it. Here's a picture of the error:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26216695@N00/2624759544/

can anyone provide the unlock6 software, or backdoor password for 13313

All, are you also using an HP DV4000? according to the documentation these are the supported systems:

HP Compaq nx7200 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4100 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4200 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4000 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4100 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4200 Notebook PC

If you're not using one of those, you might need to consider another venue

u know u said taking the battery out didnt work did you actually take the power cable out the back and leaving the battery out for about half a minute. i was on a computer the otherday and it was ridiculous it was a compaq i w nt into bios hit enter it said wrong did it againg and once more and it just loaded and let me in. lol. also inside it had a big yellow button saying password reset

u know u said taking the battery out didnt work did you actually take the power cable out the back and leaving the battery out for about half a minute. i was on a computer the otherday and it was ridiculous it was a compaq i w nt into bios hit enter it said wrong did it againg and once more and it just loaded and let me in. lol. also inside it had a big yellow button saying password reset

Well, in my case I opened the laptop, took out the battery and left it out for over a day, with the power cord disconnected. It didn't work. I tried the unlock6 solution posted by a couple of users, but I don't get that numeric code I'm supposed to get. I only get the symbol posted in the link I gave up there.

Hello, I work as a certified technician in HP/COMPAQ and i can unlock ANY MODEL of a laptop. If anyone have questions feel free to send me a personal message or send me a email to conradodav (at) hotmail (dot) com

Pavilion, Omnibook, Presario, Compaq Bussines PASSWORD UNLOCKER

They don't tell you in the manual........but at the siminar......the rep says that you sometimes need to fool the bios. So what you do is remove the cmos battery completely and then attempt to power the laptop up. The cmos battery error can sometimes reset the board.

On some occasions I have encountered that the laptop will seem dead for a matter of minutes when you do this. But it will come back to life when you power it down and put the battery back in. Many times................THIS RESETS THE CMOS.........RESETS THE BIOS........AND THE PASSWORD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. :)

Hello...

Im new here.

I have downloaded unlock6 and tried it, did not work..

could it be my model isnt supported? frm the readme.txt of this unlock6 theyre :-

HARDWARE PLATFORMS AFFECTED: HP Compaq nx7200 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4100 Notebook PC, HP Pavilion dv4200 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4000 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4100 Notebook PC, Compaq Presario V4200 Notebook PC

n im using HP Pavilion dv3029TX..

My laptop has been stranded for 2 weeks, 1 was bcoz of corrupted HDD, n i jz bought a new HDD, n this problem popped..

I followed the instructions:-

If the notebook you are servicing has an unknown password, follow these steps to clear the password. These steps also clear CMOS:

1. Enter an incorrect password and press enter.

2. Repeat Step 1 two times.

After the third entry of the incorrect password, the notebook responds with a "system Disabled" message and provides an override password.

3. On working computer, access MS/DOS by clicking Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. pass

4. Change directories to C:\Swsetup\Unlock6

5. Enter "unlock6 xxxxx 0", where "xxxxx" is the word generated by the notebook in Step 2.

The notebook responds with another system-generated password.

This password can be used to unlock the notebook and reset the password.

It says, enter incorrect pw ONCE, and enter again TWICE, means pc is disabled... so once i got the unlock6, do I restart back the PC n enter the unlocked or, enter as soon as its disabled? im confused, but none ways worked...

pls help..thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I dont know what else to do, i have tried everything i have researched.

I see some people post the disabled number they get after 3 attempts and they get a master unlock code and works for them, well, i would like to PLEASE ask for that kinda help.

when i try and boot with the HD inside the laptop asks for HDD password, when i take it out and try and access the BIOS to try and remove passwords it asks for a PASSWORD. So i'm guessing both the BIOS and the HD have a password, which means replacing the HD will be a waste of money and time. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Here are all the details.

Dell inspiron 1501.

Service Tag: JC6T9C1

Express Service code: 42095901313

System Disabled Code : 12209

If i am missing any other info please let me know ASAP.