Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mizugori

can anyone recommend a cheap but good PCI wireless network adaptor?

6 posts in this topic

I need to get a pci wireless network adaptor... can anyone recommend a good one that is cheap? I don't want to have driver issues or drop the connection intermittently but i also want it to be as cheap as possible... suggestions? links?

oh and it must have an antenna or jack, as i plan to put my own antenna on it, so those ones that just like have an antenna built into the square are no good

thanks!

desktop, sorry... and actually it could be pci or usb, as long as it has an antenna or a jack for me to connect my own

Do you just need wireless, or do you need it to work with Aircrack/Packet sniffing too?

i think he means a wirless card? what type of router are you useing?

Do you just need wireless, or do you need it to work with Aircrack/Packet sniffing too?

can't any card do packet sniffing? i thought that was just software... that's not what i'm getting it for but i don't want to limit myself for the future... can you explain why the hardware affects this?

thanks!

Depends on what features you need, but the hardware, as well as the driver, need to support packet insertion (Linux only feature) and packet capture (For listening in Windows and Linux, which is what most people need) for all of aircrack's features to work. They've got a list of the best compatible cards here, but so long as the chipset is supported you should be fine (so there's a lot of cards not listed that will work okay).

Edited by Tsen