Mizugori

anonymity

17 posts in this topic

just wondering, I have looked around but never really found good solutions... what are some good ways to hide yourself online? ie when web browsing... i have tried using proxies but they are such a pain in the ass; they are always slow and sometimes they aren't even that anonymous in reality... and you need to constantly update your list and such...

Internet != Anonymous

if you hop on someone else's wifi, do you need to hide your mac address? (and/or anything else?) how do i hide my mac address?

also, any other solutions than just jumping on wifi?

True anonymity is Impossible In my opinion.....but hopping on someone elses wifi --> using a SSH Tunnel ..over multiple machines is probably close to it...

But seriously, they even caught that guy who broke into a database from a cafe surveillence camera...I'd say its pretty near impossible to acheive 100% true anonymity...if you are really good, you can come damn close to it though..

P.S: I think this is like the 1,433.234th thread like this :sigh:

if you hop on someone else's wifi, do you need to hide your mac address?

Not many people even know what a mac address is.

As long as you don't fuck with anyone network.

They will not have to check who connect, when they connect,ect.

Forget, most people don't check they logs, they don't even set passwords.

Anyway don't be so...ZOMG I'm GoiNg t0 gEt tRace,NOO!

I go to a public wifi spot, spoof my MAC address, use Tor and privoxy. (privoxy being the important part with use with Tor) I also avoid logging into any important accounts where I know clear text protocols can be sniffed. With clear text protocols, like ftp, http... Its not so much the loss of my login, its if someone else on the network decides to poke around in that account and gathers more important information from a bank account, email account etc etc.

Never post your real name on the internet, or any email accounts associated with your real name. Dont post any information that will lead to malicious persons gaining other important information.

To sum it up:

Tor/Privoxy, discretion, and intelligence. :D

I saw on this forum a while back something about someone creating a Tor server for temporary use... then sniff the traffic off of the line on the Tor server. (being their personal computer). So also be careful what you put across the line when using Tor as well.

Bottom line. It has been said: it is impossible to be completely anonymous.

True anonymity is Impossible In my opinion.....but hopping on someone elses wifi --> using a SSH Tunnel ..over multiple machines is probably close to it...

But seriously, they even caught that guy who broke into a database from a cafe surveillence camera...I'd say its pretty near impossible to acheive 100% true anonymity...if you are really good, you can come damn close to it though..

P.S: I think this is like the 1,433.234th thread like this :sigh:

Anonymity is impossible. The objective is just to make it so hard to find you they give up :ninja:

IMO It's basically comprised of

- Controlled ego (not running around telling everyone your a hacker)

- Self control (Not running around telling everyone what your about to do)

- Discretion (Man that money looks tempting, don't take it)

- Knowledge of your surroundings and operating area

- Stepping lightly and cleaning your traces

if you hop on someone else's wifi, do you need to hide your mac address?

Not many people even know what a mac address is.

As long as you don't fuck with anyone network.

They will not have to check who connect, when they connect,ect.

Forget, most people don't check they logs, they don't even set passwords.

Anyway don't be so...ZOMG I'm GoiNg t0 gEt tRace,NOO!

Another trick is before you do anything on their network guess out the admin login for it. Most of the time it remains unchanged, or is only a slight variation of "admin" "1234". On linksys routers, that's the default I believe. Then once you have that you can clean out your logs and own their router basically. As long as you keep it under wraps they won't even know it.

Edited by deadc0de

Another trick is before you do anything on their network guess out the admin login for it. Most of the time it remains unchanged, or is only a slight variation of "admin" "1234". On linksys routers, that's the default I believe. Then once you have that you can clean out your logs and own their router basically. As long as you keep it under wraps they won't even know it.

Even better :devil:

Edited by NB-robo

www.proxybutton.com

is brilliant you can log on websites unlike some.

Fast, hides anything you want.

www.proxybutton.com

What do you mean by this?

Sounds like your being slightly optimistic .

www.proxybutton.com

What do you mean by this?

Sounds like your being slightly optimistic .

Haha, I didn't mean like that, but it is quite good, it doesn't show up on the system wherever you use it (I think) well I guess like most Proxysites includes, No-cookies No-Java lot.

Unless you move to Siberia, you're not safe. Even from there they can extradite you. True anonymity is not hiding, in my opinion, but rather making them think you're someone else. Now I don't condone illegal activities, but there sure is a hell of a lot of info out there on creating fake aliases, names, addresses, whatever. If you want to learn about something like that, Google around, but don't get traced in the process ;)

Don't make them think you're somebody else - make them think you're too much of a bad-ass motherfucker to fuck with. Tell them you have laser eyes or something.

Don't make them think you're somebody else - make them think you're too much of a bad-ass motherfucker to fuck with. Tell them you have laser eyes or something.

ther was an appp years ago i used called ghost mail.

I also got a pedophile banned from an ISP or 2

If you need to be somewhat anonymous run a live cd distro connecting to an open wifi node. Run tor even on the open node. Spoofing your mac address and/or having a disposable wifi card would be helpful...

Worst case senerio they trace the traffic back to the open wifi spot. Do not generate traffic that links back to one of your logins. A cantena may give you some range on the open wifi hotspot.

By open i mean whatever you legally choose to connect to....

Unless your under close monitoring this should be enough to maintain plausible deniability. If your being monitored the games probably already over....