Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faceman

looking to start meeting in alabama

10 posts in this topic

my self (Birmingham) and zal91 (Mobile), have discussed started a meeting in/around Mobile, Alabama. We would like for any one in the area to be able to attend. We promise not to kill and eat attendees. We have not discussed a time but zal has a spot that he thinks will work. A meeting a little more north/south/east/west is also a viable option if Mobile is to far away for you.
Please let us know if you're interested. contact either my self or [url="http://www.binrev.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2659"]zal91[/url].

edit:251 not 334 Edited by faceman

dalejrrocks and TheDarkestDay should also be there, BTW, I live in the 251 not the 334.

[quote name='Zal91' post='255429' date='May 4 2007, 10:55 PM']BTW, I live in the 251 not the 334.[/quote]
damn i got it backwards. they're both south of the rest of the world so it doesn't matter. just be glad i didn't say 256. :P

we've been talking about the meeting. third Friday of the month just won't work for us. we're going to experiment with times and places. as of right now we're talking Wednesday May 30th, around lunch time, in Mobile, AL. we have not picked a specific place in mobile yet, but have a place in mind. if you're interested in coming. but can't make the time let us know. we only picked lunch because that works the best for us. since this is an experiment we're more then willing to change the time of day to accommodate anyone who wishes to come. i'll post exact time and place when we decide. Edited by faceman

[quote name='Cereal Daddy X' post='257762' date='May 15 2007, 05:35 PM']I would like to come, I'm in the mobile area.[/quote]
sounds good i'll make sure to keep you in the loop. if you have an AIM screen name PM is to me. an email address would work as well, but if i have to, i'll just use the forums.
how is the time for you?

i look forward to meeting you, but you're kind of new. so i'd like to chat before the meeting, just to remove any doubts i may have. i don't want to meet up with some serial killer that wants to chop me up and eat me. no offense i'm sure you're a great guy and i'm sure you'll be good to have.

ok, it's official. we meet for the first time at the Satori coffee shop in Mobile at noon on may 30th.

[url="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Satori+mobile+al&ie=UTF8&z=10&iwloc=A&om=1"]google maps to satori[/url]

Drake Anubis will probably be there waiting to bury us alive.

Noelle will also be there.

*expects tons of geeky guys looking for a girlfriend* Edited by Zal91

a meeting at noon on a wednesday? I'd highly recommend either making it later in the day or on a weekend to allow those members who have day jobs an opportunity to attend the meeting.

[quote name='P(?)NYB(?)Y' post='260315' date='May 28 2007, 02:51 PM']a meeting at noon on a wednesday? I'd highly recommend either making it later in the day or on a weekend to allow those members who have day jobs an opportunity to attend the meeting.[/quote]
we don't plan on sticking with this time. it just happens this time that the people who have contacted me with an interest in attending, have this time free. we will discuss at the meeting what day(during the weekend) and what time we wish to meet.