sycorax

Apparently you Americans don't really know about this

27 posts in this topic

I can't speak for all of us's Americans but I for one haven't heard of that.

So... how's that euro working out??

"Fight the deceitful New World Order"

Yeh I am...but it's tough though...

You get hated quickly

I can't speak for all of us's Americans but I for one haven't heard of that.

So... how's that euro working out??

The Euro is actually working out great. It promoted trade and strenghened economic bonds between the various EU members. It has been particularly beneficial to Spain.

Never heard of it. But the "Amero"?! AMERO?! That's a horrible name!

I guess when people discover that the dollar is in fact worth virtually nothing, they will need a new virtual currency. Obviously what the money is called is irrelevant. What's relevant is who controls the money.

bah.

:voteno:

Still, there are people that actively are campaigning against this now. Vote Ron Paul.

He may be the country's last hope. If you insist on voting Democrat because of one reason or another, look into Mike Gravel.

In this order: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the ammo box. we are on two and three now. Soap box is rendered null by TV habits, and broadcast choices.

Very cool :voteyes:

People need to start understanding that you can't get paid $70000 & a pension to screw bolts in anymore. The sooner we understand this the sooner the economy will stop sucking wind.

"Proposed" amero, ha. The only proof this guy has is "some websites on the Internet" that discuss this. We all know that everything on the internet is the truth.

...although something like this would be a great idea.

We all know that everything on the internet is the truth.

tehbizz thats not true at all, anybody can put anything on the internet. <_<

Thats why I go to wikipedia for all my research.

The name is so... presumptuous. Is that the word?

the euro came about to tie countries together and then go on to make a superstate, i'm sure the Amero is just north america's version. a country will never work if the money comes before it's formed, you can learn from watching the spastic EU politicians - the EU is a joke, i've never heard of the Amero, but i'm sure it's a joke too.

But it has been decided since 2005...

Decided by whom? Congress? Show me the bill.

Ohm, he is talking about The proposed North American Union, and nothing has been decided. Not the North American Highway, not the Amero, nothing. It was barely proposed even. A think tank/ group of bankers did a paper in May 05. It seems some of "us Americans" know plenty.

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/at...ca_TF_final.pdf

Amero sounds like Aero, and Aero sounds like Vista, and Vista sounds like fail.

oh man that would really screw the economy over

you need to do somting about mecicos goverment

the fact that you have ilegals coming here trying to help there relatives live beynd there means.

mexico need to get there economy going if this idaa plans to work becase basiicly you have imagarns smuggling themselves her an wireing the money back there> even if canada an th us ageed upon this anthey would hesitate on mexixo because the curency would be devalued faster. the reson the US doller is loosing value is because of counterfiting from North korea, inflation feuled by corperate greed. alll i gotta sy is curency and gold investing looks like the way to go.

As stated by iceni the euro was about getting countries to work closer together

but in most countries everything got expensiver.As i expected.

I didnt like the Euro at all,hell, i still don't like it.

They (politicians) decide what or who,the people didn't had they're say or vote on this Euro deal.

Like in most countries.

Burn all Euro's :roll:

Corleone

Honestly I don't think something like this would work out. Really when the US had a chance to switch to the euro they should have considering the offered trade in value on the us dollar when it was proposed. Thinking of the current value of the euro now America would be in pretty good shape.

I don't see much benefit to the "amero" because the current values of the Paso, Canadian and US dollars wouldn't be very competitive with the Euro on the world market.

Simply put North America is a post-industrial economy and they haven't been producing much for itself. If your importing all your products, your also exporting the value of currency...

And what does Mexico really have to gain with their current economy. I could see if all of North South and Central america had a unified currency....

As stated by iceni the euro was about getting countries to work closer together

but in most countries everything got expensiver.As i expected.

I didnt like the Euro at all,hell, i still don't like it.

They (politicians) decide what or who,the people didn't had they're say or vote on this Euro deal.

Like in most countries.

Burn all Euro's :roll:

Corleone

No, in some countries they had referendums.

oh man that would really screw the economy over

you need to do somting about mecicos goverment

the fact that you have ilegals coming here trying to help there relatives live beynd there means.

mexico need to get there economy going if this idaa plans to work becase basiicly you have imagarns smuggling themselves her an wireing the money back there> even if canada an th us ageed upon this anthey would hesitate on mexixo because the curency would be devalued faster. the reson the US doller is loosing value is because of counterfiting from North korea, inflation feuled by corperate greed. alll i gotta sy is curency and gold investing looks like the way to go.

Obviously education doesn't work...

People have been bellyacheing about this for decades now. Truth in reality is that we don't manufacture anything anymore. Why? Because it makes more economical sense to outsource it. We instead give out corporate welfare and live without a national healthcare system.

Case in point, my dad ran his own construction biz. About 7 years ago he called it quits and semi-retired. Why? Because he had problems finding workers that weren't illegals. Certainly he could have buckled down and went "bandit" like his son did ;) but he chose not to being a decent US citizen. Also he built a product that outlasted the family business...

Really, I think the people we need to compete with isn't mexico. It's the EU. In Europe, they have less regulatory laws governing medical and scientific advancements. Example: RU-486 abortion pills, Stem Cell research, funding into better supercolliders, etc...

It took the unification of the european monetary system to even compete with the US on GNP buying power. As far as I know, the Euro is still valued higher than the dollar but not as much as the UK Pound and definately not as much as Google stock.

If we were to just bite the bullet and go through with a pan-american economic system, I think we'd benefit from it all around. I'd be able to legally hire a housekeeper for minimum wages and they'd be happy just to do it. If I need a house built, I could pay a bi-lingual speaking or even just a english speaking foreman to lead the build and hire as many immigrants as necessary to help him. Measurements and blueprints all read the same in any language.

My experience is that we all do what we have to for a buck. They know where their standings are in the world. They just want the opportunity to make it happen for themselves. I rarely ever see a mexican standing on the corner asking for change. Usually they'd rather work or trade for that dollar rather than depend on the pity of people unlucky enough to cross their path.

If we just go forward with it rather than make lauraled attempts at trade negotiations, we'd save 46 billion dollars on a border fence that will not work... we'd save money from the operational costs of the INS to patrol said border and turn that money towards law enforcement with meaning. We'd be able to adopt the ideals from both of our border countries and integrate it into our own since we'd be economically responsible for each other's citizens (healthcare from the north, cheap labor from the south) and maybe all of the US in the creamy middle will benefit by starting more business manufacturing goods and products for a GLOBAL market. We have the knowledge, just lack the hands to do it effectively.

And to close it out... when it does approach implementation time for a north american currency, buy foreign currency... alot of it... then wait for it to convert. Remember the mexico bailout some years back? :-)

apparently brits dont know about this

I'd rather not use that myself. I keep a toothbrush instead by the computer for those times while waiting for tasks to occur. Spreading industrial waste (fluoride) on my teeth? Just pass the mouthwash and a clean toothbrush please.

jfalcon, I tell everyone that. My parents were a little different than most, so I have never had toothpaste put on my teeth ever (except a couple times I tried to use toothpaste around 17 or so). They were pretty worried about fluoride, and when I was old enough to use it if I felt like it, I couldn't stand the taste of it. It made me want to barf trying to use that stuff at 6 am. I've never had a cavity, and the only dental work I've ever needed was the removal of my lower wisdom teeth. Granted, they aren't the whitest in the world, but that is the coffee and cigarettes.

apparently brits dont know about this

:D

i wanted to say something clever and witty and you beat me!