Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yoda64

Steam friends list and hacking

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the long post

First of all I'm new to a lot of this. I got myself a copy of "Hacking for Dummies" a couple of days ago, it covers a lot about 'ethical hacking' on networks, although the book is good it doesn't cover what i need.

I studied programming and computer science at school, but i do need to refresh my memory :P

I finished school last year and now i find myself playing LOTS of Counter Strike Source :P

It infuriates me when i'm playing and someone starts cheating/hacking.

Valves Anti-Cheat system is useless against many new hacks and admins are unreliable as they aren't on often enough and it can take WEEKS for them to view a demo and ban the hacker. And the servers I play on don't support votekick/voteban commands.

Recently there was an *evil* person hacking away, annoying everyone on the server and there was nothing we could do about it.

Another player, who's name i don't remember, said that he hacked into the persons computer and saw what hacks he was using. I asked him how he did it and he said he could get in through the Steam Friends list (FYI Steam Friends is the IM-service thats built into Steam and can be used while playing any Steam games), he wouldn't elaborate anymore than that : (

My questions are:

1. Can i hack a persons computer using the Steams Friends list?

2. How can i do it?

This next one could be considered malicious, if it is just ignore it and i'll edit it ASAP

3. Can u tell me how to either crash or stop there game. NOT THE COMPUTER, JUST THE GAME.

i.e. if i wanted to stop the game running on my computer i could minimize the game, open the task manager and end the 'hl2.exe' process. Can i do this on the *evil* persons computer?

Last but not least

4. If i make a word document or a background saying "U got hacked noob! How do u like that!? Play the game properly!" How would i put that onto their computer?

I don't want to destroy the persons computer, just get them out of the game and scare them. I want to make online gaming an enjoyable place.

Please don't tell me to go play on another server, I shouldn't have to, i'm not doing anything wrong. And don't suggest that I become an admin, I have to post regularly on their forum for at least 6 months be for i can apply for admin, I've been doing it for a month now.

I'd appreciate all the help I can get, even if it takes me months to learn.

BTW I'm not going to rush in with whatever info u give me, after all i am a noob and i don't want to crash the server or anyone other than my intended target.

The whole post is malicious. No one is going to tell you how to "hack" someones computer through steam list here. But, just so you know, I don't think that it's possible to do it through the steam friends list.

3. DEFINITION OF "HACKING"

Hacking is about production, not destruction; it involves curiosity, research, analysis, knowledge, the creation of new ideas, the discovery of amazing breakthroughs, and the sharing of information with those who will use it responsibly. Hacking is not illegal activity. The Digital Dawg Pound and the Binary Revolution Forums will not take any responsibility for your actions, nor do we condone any sort of illegal activity, especially in the name of hacking.

Set up your own server, it will be fun plus you will be able to ban cheaters at will.

Sorry for the post. I misunderstood the forums definition of hacking. I thought that what I was asking wasn't malicious, except for the 3rd question.

Thank you dalejrrocks for pointing this out, and for answering at least one of my questions. I have already PM a moderator to remove this post.

And Zal91, the only problem with your suggestion is that I play mostly on a Warcraft Mod server, which is an RPG , which means i'll have to level up all over again : (

I'll just have to wait until I can apply for admin on my current server.

1. Don't play on servers without voteban, because you are asking for this kind of stuff.

2. I have seen far to many youngins claim someone is hacking in fact the individual is just skilled so I find any post of this suspect without proof.

3. Make sure the individual that is "hacking" isn't the admin that you are griping about. The admin is god on a server.

4. Hacking a game any time is stupid because it defeats the point of playing a game. You could say you are going to hack to stop it, but from my experiance it only makes things worse (anyone here ever play Guns online knows what I am talking about)

Lesson of the day if someone isn't acting right report them and move to another server. Thats all you can do and all you should do. Only thing other than that is find out what exploit they are using and report it to Valve so they can fix it and that will work even better to solve your problem.

/sigh

I'd say just get the offenders IP and hard ban him. Ban his entire range.

Edited by deadc0de

Please dont hack steam users account. What would be the point of that besides the games you could have. Pretty pointless if you ask me. It is possible but not recommened. If steam finds you hacking they will ban not just your account but the ip of your computer. Its pointless and a waste of time.