darkshadow1990

Maryland Meetings

69 posts in this topic

Shit! I finally get a chance to hop back on binrev and I've missed the meeting.

I won't be here over the summer, but I'll definitely check up on you guys next fall.

How'd the meet-up go?

SRY all, that I was unable to attend. Lelantus I deff applogise I didn't respond in time. I actually had to go back home this weekend so I wasn't in the "DC" area anymore. I had business to take care of. :( Did it go well?

The meeting was not perfect but I still had a good time and have absolutely no regrets; Mubix was very generous (offered to pay for my meal), intelligent, and cool. Mubix and I looked for a good location inside Union Station where we would be able to host the meetings. Surprisingly, we did not find many places with accessible power sources and "public" internet access like we had hoped. We were able to unplug a lamp inside a restaurant (in which we got a free meal... but more on that later) and hook up our laptops. We ordered food and discussed the structure and contents of future meetings. I suggested that I could present my slide show with a video or live demonstration of various website vulnerabilities at the next meeting. Mubix liked the idea and agreed to peer review my presentation before the next meeting. He then proceeded to set up his own wireless access point in order to demonstrate some hacks. However, murphy's laws kicked in and we( I mean Mubix working hard and me giving supporting comments while devouring my lunch) attempted to get the access point to work with absolutely minimal documentation. We also had some interesting discussions related to XSS, CSRF, and hacking the smarttrip cards. When it was about time to go home, we decided to do some last minute war walking and concluded that we must find a meeting place outside the food court because we were unsuccessful at finding a location with accessible power and wifi after walking around the entirety of the food court. I plan to call/visit a few places near Union Station that will meet our requirements and post my findings.

Wondering how we got a free meal? The restaurant that we chose was close to the entrance and very accessible to bugs. During our meal, I spotted a relatively large sized bug crawling on the table. When I pointed this out to Mubix he lost his appetite and notified a near by waiter who then got the manager. Surprisingly, the manager stared at the bug and then looked at us with a big smile... (I still cannot find humor in the situation) and said he would take care of the check. When the manager went away for a minute, I took the opportunity to salvage as much of my free meal as possible (possibly acquired habit from living in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union) before the waiter came back to take away our plates.

PS. Shoutz to Mubix for taking the time to come to the meeting despite having to travel hours; I look forward to meeting you again. I hope you guys can come to the next meeting which _will_ be even better.

Edited by Lelantus

Lets get one thing straight, I didn't loose my appetite, I've eaten things that are much more gross. It was just quick thinking to get a free meal. But thanks for the props.

If it wasn't for the 3-4 hour drive and the traffic I would try to come, but it would depend on my schedule and stuff. I will monitor the threads and see about a future one.

There is a meeting on the 14th (this Saturday) at around 2 pm. Please contact me if you are planning on coming.

Next meeting is at 2:00pm on Friday the 18th in the Center Cafe - inside Union Station.

The meetings will now be every 3rd Friday of the month.

During the last meeting we had trouble finding a location with both wifi and power so please bring your laptop fully charged. If you plan on coming, please contact me. However, I will be there unconditionally.

Edited by Lelantus

Next meeting is at 2:00pm on Friday the 18th in the Center Cafe - inside Union Station.

During the last meeting we had trouble finding a location with both wifi and power so please bring your laptop fully charged. If you plan on coming, please contact me. However, I will be there unconditionally.

How did the meeting go, and when is the next one?

How did the meeting go, and when is the next one?

It was just me, myself, and I :(. Like I said, the next meeting will be the third Friday of next month (Aug 15th). If no one responds to this thread, I will try to contact people that posted in the past two weeks before the meeting.

This is a reminder that the next meeting is this Friday!

Union Station @ 2pm

Any interest in a Delaware meeting?

yo, first post here at binrev.

hi im from rockville and wanna come to the next meeting. so please lemme know when/where. either post here or email me at folktheory [at] gmail

hi im from rockville and wanna come to the next meeting. so please lemme know when/where. either post here or email me at folktheory [at] gmail

I'd like to start going to maryland meetings,also.Is anyone else interested?

I'd like to start going to maryland meetings,also.Is anyone else interested?

We only had 1 meeting. There were only two people there and we decided that Union Station was a poor meeting place. I went inactive and the meeting died completely. Contact me if you are still interested.

I'm in Delaware, so not far From Maryland at all. My interest here is to learn a little more seeing that it is a well constructed website. I'm just starting out with the whole scene, but would love to get some hands on and learn.

I'd be down for a Maryland meeting over the summer. I'm a good hour and a half from Union Station though.

Edited by TheFunk

I would love to meet, but I'm stuck out in the boonies in Hampstead and I really hate driving anywhere near DC.

If you're not averse to Frederick or Hagerstown, I frequent those areas. I hate driving in DC as well. Baltimore's not bad, but DC...yuck.