darkshadow1990

Maryland Meetings

69 posts in this topic

Please reply if you live in Maryland. If there are enough people, we should start binrev meetings in Maryland. We will share ideas, hack, and have fun. :)

I live in NOVA and the District's 2600 meetings no longer exist, so I would be open to suggestions.

Shit, thats like an hour away. I guess we need more people before we determine the location. I am in Rockville.

The key to getting people is getting the word out.

I'm in DC. I bet a could drag along a friend. But I don't have a car...

How about a meeting close to a metro stop? or a comm rail stop?

Good, four people so far and growing. Based on the current member locations, I suggest the following general area for the meeting.

post-8003-1177282281_thumb.jpg

However, I suggest we get more people before we make a final decision. Spread the word guys.

I'm in Bethesda, within walking distance of Metro.

How about dinner meetings in Union Station? It's got a metro stop, and a *massive* food court.

Union Station certainly seems like a good place for a meeting. I would definatley try to make meetings and bring back MD into the BR/2600 meeting activity.

-light

Great, our roster is expanding :) . Do you guys prefer any specific place in Union Station ( cafes, bookstores, ... [check my previous post for more details])

We should also start thinking about when we want to start the meetings. I am thinking like 3rd Friday of May... some time between 5:30 and 8:00.

I'm down for anywhere, Union Station. Although I should note I'll be out of town as of May 10th...

Well the third Friday of May is the 18th. If you are still out of town, we can make it the 25th.

I should clarify; I'm attending American University and exams end on the 9th. After that, I'm headed to sweet home Massachusetts. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it would probably make more sense to forget about me and schedule according to the convenience of the people that can actually show up.

Well I guess the only thing we need to do now is to determine what you want to do at the meeting (presentations, wardriving, discussions, ...) and what cafe/restaurant/whatever in Union Station you want to meet/eat.

So far we have agreed upon:

1) General Place: Union Station DC

2) Date: May 18, 2007

3) Time: between 5:30 - 8:00 (exact time will be determined closer to the meeting)

4) Current Members:

DarkShadow

light

TheBlue

Mubix

cypress

Future Meetings:

theMaxx

Edited by DarkShadow

I am in Cockeysville....kinda far away from all you guys.... I might be able to come to some meetings though.

Union Station is rather large. I have set up a gmail account and a phone number that people can call once they are there to get the location of the meeting.

binrev.dc@gmail.com

202-658-7730

and of course if you have Google Talk you can IM questions

You can also call this number or email that box for information regarding the meetings

Edited by mubix

Guys, pick one of the following meeting places. They are both street level at the food court in Union Station DC.

Sbarro Italian Eatery

(202) 289-0767

Street Level

Whole pizzas, pizza by the slice, spaghetti, lasagna and salads.

Corner Bakery Café

(202) 371-8811

Street Level

Breakfast sandwiches, pizza, sandwiches, salads, pasta, breads, beverages and a variety of desserts.

note: taken from here.

--------EDIT----------------

I am going to conduct a site survey so these locations may change.

--------EDIT #2------------

Everyone, (who did not already receive a PM from me) please send me a list of topics you would be interested in either presenting or learning about.

Edited by DarkShadow

Unfortunately, I just found out that the show I am working on right now added a performance that night, so I probibly won't be able to make it for this time, but I will try to get a sub.

-light

Union Station is rather large. I have set up a gmail account and a phone number that people can call once they are there to get the location of the meeting.

binrev.dc@gmail.com

202-658-7730

and of course if you have Google Talk you can IM questions

You can also call this number or email that box for information regarding the meetings

once you get a few meetings under your belt let me know and we'll give you a subdomain at binrevmeetings.com to host a meeting site

Cool,

I would be interested if there was a monthly schedule, that way i can plan ahead...

I Currently do the norfolk/va beach meetings, but i would every now and then treck up to DC for a meeting...

Peace

Walcy

Edited by walcy.carroll

I'm down, as I live in NoVA, within walking distance to the metro. ^_^

Also, Sbarro rocks socks.

Everyone, (who did not already receive a PM from me) please send me a list of topics you would be interested in either presenting or learning about.

Quoting myself....

I have only received one PM about this. Our meetings will be pretty lame if we have nothing to do so please send me topics soon; people need time to address the topics.

Edited by DarkShadow