Seal

Finding out a name from a cell number.

10 posts in this topic

I have a cellphone number, but I want to figure out the name of the person who owns that cellphone. What would be the best way to approach the matter?

Reverse lookups on 411.ca and the like are useless, as for cellphones they only provide a carrier, but not the name. I do not have access to the phone itself, I only have with me its number.

Any ideas?

call them from a payphone and ask?

That works. :lol:

I suppose that's the only option eh? Apart from that, back spoofing, and [unethical] pretexting the telco?[/unethical]

Spoof their CID # and crank call yourself... call the police & report them.. At the trial you'll have their names...

well... that is a way... not a good one... but it is certainly "a way".

I asked this same question months ago......pretty hard... even harder if the # is pre-paid. You can try this though, if its cingular (Ive only tried it with cingular) you can go to the cingular website and login to their account --> find out name/address etc.

I tried this with some random friend (for curiosity sake) and turns out the 4-digit password is the last 4-digits of the phone number....thats the only way I can think of.....(although CID Spoofing should also work)

The way I do it is have a friend work for the major cell phone companies, and then ask them to look up a number. I have friends at Verizon, Cingular\Att, T-Mobile, and US Cellular so any odd numbers I usually get calls from will fall under one of those companies.

Normally I call and listen to the message on the voicemail to figure out as much about the person as possible, also listen to the prompts that are given, the different cell phone carriers have different voicemail prompts. Then you can call and pretend to be from that cell phone provider and social engineer the information you want, just say you are doing account maintance or calling as part of the customer satisfaction program to ensure that they are enjoying their service.

Then you can call and pretend to be from that cell phone provider and social engineer the information you want, just say you are doing account maintance or calling as part of the customer satisfaction program to ensure that they are enjoying their service.

By the way, George Dubya signed that telecommunications "pre-texting" act recently..the one from 2006, where its illegal to pretend/intentionally get information from the fone companies...not that anyone cares....I just found that interesting..so be careful just in case.....I find it a bit ironic how SE'in is illegal and monitoring every phone in the country without reason isnt'..sigh.

ts illegal to pretend/intentionally get information from the fone companies...not that anyone cares....

payphones for the win...

I just like to go to a friends house who has a cordless phone... "dude can I use your bathroom?"

Hmmm... I'm sure there would be a simple way to SE it out of her, by making her call you! Play around with the call function from Google Maps Use her number to call a buisness that you have phone access to. Her phone rings and the caller ID says that your buisness called her, but when she picks up, her phone makes a connection with your line and your phone starts to ring, meaning that it would be very easy to pretend that she initiated the call. I dont know, maybe its crap, but it is something to work with.