DrakeAnubis

Glowing Shoes

26 posts in this topic

Ok, this seems like a really good idea so I wanted to bounce it off some people before I played around with it.

What if you had a pair of shoes that casted a small glow of light around them in the dark, as well as a glow from the bottom of the shoe. This way when you walk in the dark you have an illuminated area around your feet. This would be good maybe in a situtation where there are no lights and for whatever reason a full flash light or head light are no useable.

I'm sure somebody has something like this though, I think I remeber foxworthy making some joke about houseshoes with headlights on them, allthough thats not what I had in mind exactly.

light-up-shoes.gif

Those have been around for a while.....

And apparently they make them styled for you.

<_< Yes how silly of me

dude, but dont be discouraged, that is a wonderful idea, you could make your own and pimp out the lights n shit.

does anyone have any articles on this? i would so hook up lights to my shoes, and make them like those wiggles shoes.

fuck that, i think im going to special order a pair in my size.

fuck that, i think im going to special order a pair in my size.

Is that doable..

I'm going to look.

It sounds cool, but then again, so did putting neon lights under cars. The problem is association- I wouldn't be able to see something like that without thinking of Michael Jackson

without thinking of Michael Jackson

Yeah but it would be Thrilling

without thinking of Michael Jackson

Yeah but it would be Thrilling

LOL

I thought it would be useful if you were doing maybe some urban exploration in a mainly dark place and you were slightly afarid of getting caught and you didn't want anybody to see the beams of a flash light but you still wanted just enough light to make sure you dont trip or step in a hole.

I thought it would be useful if you were doing maybe some urban exploration in a mainly dark place and you were slightly afarid of getting caught and you didn't want anybody to see the beams of a flash light but you still wanted just enough light to make sure you dont trip or step in a hole.

Red lenses for your flashlight works good for this. Good for you harder to see from a distance.

One thought about those shoes came to mind. Those would be badass at raves.

One thought about those shoes came to mind. Those would be badass at raves.

Sound sensitive strobe light?

You know what might be cool, using the flash from a camera so if you were running, every time your foot hit the ground the flash would fire, not useful but that could be fun.

Ok. Get something like the show below. Drill a hole in the bottom part and pour in some fluid from glow sticks. Painting your toenails is completely optional.

TRE-702-clr-clr.jpg

What you need are the platform shoes with the aquariums, those are pimp. I don't think the fish like it though, but you just got to sit around and look cool anyway.

I might play with the camera flash trigger on shows, it would be like tap dancing but instead of making music you make a light show.

Those ravers have it all figured out dont they :P

fusionshoes.gif

They are called Soul Fusion Glow shoes. Ya know, I would fancy a mens pair of heelies. I get jealous of all the little kids gliding through the hallways on their heelies.

Your right Tacomaster :wink: they look pretty cool at raves. See

Inert old raver wannabe video :here:

Edited by Twisthem4888

Lol, those are stupid, and tacky, and I'm having a pair shipped to my house right now...

Lol, those are stupid, and tacky, and I'm having a pair shipped to my house right now...

LMAO--I was mermerized by the site--all of the glowing goodness :P..but seriously I am contemplating on ordering me a pair

LMAO--I was mermerized by the site--all of the glowing goodness :P..but seriously I am contemplating on ordering me a pair

I'm getting a pair, trying to figure out where to order. I'm going to get one of those battery operated glow sticks in there too

About 12 or 13 years ago, I remember kids had shoes that would glow (usually red or blue) around the heel when you stepped on them. Anybody remember these?

I'm getting a pair, trying to figure out where to order. I'm going to get one of those battery operated glow sticks in there too

About 12 or 13 years ago, I remember kids had shoes that would glow (usually red or blue) around the heel when you stepped on them. Anybody remember these?

They would light up, not glow. And they still have em. Damn kids running down the street at night...

Now all you need is a light-up thong and you'll be ready for the beach.