Jason Scott

Your Invitation to Blockparty/Notacon

18 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. Jason Scott, textfiles.com maven and man of a thousand voices (or maybe just one overbearing one).

I wanted to take a few moments of your time to personally invite all of you on the forums to Notacon and the event I'm running within it, Blockparty.

This would be Notacon, the technology and art conference that has been held in Cleveland the last three years and which is now going for a fourth. I've had the pleasure of attending all the years and it just gets better every year. There's a wide range of speakers presenting a bunch of topics, including my own self giving what will hopefully be a somewhat devastating talk on Wikipedia. The events that have given Notacon some of its great reputation are returning, including the "Anything but Ethernet" communications contest and the infamous Notacon Radio which has seen many fine binrev-affiliated folks making appearances.

Blockparty is mine and RaD Man's attempt to do an american demoparty. If you've not heard of demoparties before, there's an excellent site called scene.org which has lots of links to photos and productions of the last decade. These events are very rare in the US and so we thought we'd take a run at doing one ourselves.

To do this, I've assembled a great set of speakers that are Blockparty branded, including the legendary Necros, who was one of the big names of the 1990s tracking scene, and both Trixter and Phoenix of the Hornet demo group and historical archive, who have gone on to create the Mindcandy series of Demo DVDs.

Some people here have attended before, others have heard of it but not gone, and I suspect there's a swath of people who haven't heard of it. Now you have.

Blockparty @ Notacon is being held on April 27-29, 2007 in Cleveland, Ohio. check out the site and consider attending. I'll personally do my best to ensure you have a unique and fun time.

I'll be there. :)

If I was a cashmoney millionaire like Irongeek I would fly down, but unfortunately...

Somebody should stream av, that would be nice.

Hey IG, you have an extra seat?

(btw... I hope you enjoyed that Killian's last week...and that chicken was damn tasty.)

wish I could attend, have fun for me!

eeriana

Give me a ride, I will come.

:)

i'll be there ^_^

Is there space in Irongeeks luggage for me too?

ok, im a university student living in the UK?!?!?!

thats impossible for me :(

(btw... I hope you enjoyed that Killian's last week...and that chicken was damn tasty.)

I'm driving to Dosman's and catching a ride with him.

Great because I'm in san diego so its only a couple thousand miles out of your way.

Edited by Drake Anubis

I actually wish I could go. I have doubt that rad man and jason will put on a great event. who knows, maybe i can pull out last minute trip...but it isnt looking good. :(

Swing by Lexington first and pick me up.

Im glad im not driveing this time, the drive to phreaknic with AlStrowger was kinda sketchy (even though he is my hero)

i got me a nice ol' plane ride outta Atlanta ^_^, it was less than the gas i would have to spend >_<

Edited by TelcoBob

i unfortunally will not be attending this year due to work :(

Is anyone from the Chicagoland area planning on going?

If I can catch a lift with you, I'll totally pitch in for gas and other expenses.

Sorry for the sort of double post. I though my rooming arrangements were in order, but I was wrong. Looks like I need a room, anyone willing to let me chip in on their's?