MetalguyX

BackTrack2 Wirelesss Setup

14 posts in this topic

Do i need to do something special to connect on et whit wireless, i have PC Card 108 Gigaset in laptop? or BackTrac2 will read it automaticli?

I'm not sure what your asking? Can you repeat the question with an example of what your trying to do?

I'm not sure what your asking? Can you repeat the question with an example of what your trying to do?

CONNECTING TO INTERNET WHIT WIRWLESS on Linux backTrac2

In Strom-Approved English, "Do I need to use a special wireless card program on the Backtrack2 live CD, or does it auto-configure?"

You don't need a special card, just a card that is supported. As long as you don't have some random ass 99cent store card it should be fine.

i have tired something simmilar but can't connect to my wifi network. It is WPA will that make a difference?

i have tired something simmilar but can't connect to my wifi network. It is WPA will that make a difference?

Are you running a DHCP server? You probably are, did it give you an IP address?

Open the Wifi config GUI and connect.

Possibly. When you provide the key be sure to prepend "s:" to it (assuming you're connecting with iwconfig).

Any error messages to show us?

Try using WEP.

Post the results.

What part of the connection isn't working? Like are you not getting an IP address or are you getting an IP address but you can't access network services?

In Strom-Approved English, "Do I need to use a special wireless card program on the Backtrack2 live CD, or does it auto-configure?"

LMAO

:P

Yeah, the GUI usually works, but I had some problems with Kwifi and a Broadcom chipset card.