themini619

getting round the securus system

18 posts in this topic

hey everyone

my first post here, and yeah im a newbie when it comes to the hacking scene, ive been taking a real interest lately, ive beenr esearching but i cant seem to find the answer to this question :blink:

basically all i need to do is disable a program on the school network. its a really annopying little program which print screens every thing on your screen and is triggered by certain words you press. say i type in 'fook' in my email, even that is print screened and sent to the admin, wheres privacy gone?! :mumble:.

the computers are limited account of course and we cant even open cmd, theres no access to the DVD/CD drive either, the computers are windows xp professional sp2.

so, all i need to find is how can i end this program without being caught by the thing i want to disable?

the product which is installed on our school network which i want to disable is here:

http://www.securus-software.com/products.php#education

thanks

get local administrator, then

cmd, netstop "program name"

What if you used the onscreen keyboard to enter text?

Also what about rebooting using a live linux cd and just using that.

we have that at or school but together we have made a program called securis killer, but we haveput it on the c drive (secretly) but all i have is a link so, i will get it off the c drive and post it after holidays. :voteyes:

get local administrator, then

cmd, netstop "program name"

I second that. If you don't know how to get local admin just search the forums (you'll probably find about 200 threads)

Again, this is why client side security weak and only works in theory.

Edited by xGERMx

Check the task list for anything suspicious if possible.

My college likes to lock our screens with whatever the professor is giving a powerpoint on, which can be quite annoying if you already know the material: I was able to kill the task from window's process list.

Just hit CTRL ALT DELETE and look for task list. Our boxen are locked down pretty tight and I can still kill stuff (except the program that tracks our printing quotas).

hi

i got to school and got securus killer of my h: drive this is it i have put it on my schools c: drive and made a link to it

hope you find this helpful

securus_kiler.zip

reboot in safemode (no network support) hope your admin left a blank password on admin account, or have some other way of logging in ( run mmc and add a new user local admin or something as such if possible.. a lot of admins screw up network secuirty polices and make this possbile ) after this just delete the program, rename it .moo or something as such. Its not to terribly difficult. You could even edit the reg to remote it from running but leave the program intact. How ever this is all stuff that could get you kicked out of school. I understand wanting privacy but there is a cost for using a school computer. Perhapps you should wait untill you get home to do anything that would be questionable.

Kederaian

hey everyone

my first post here, and yeah im a newbie when it comes to the hacking scene, ive been taking a real interest lately, ive beenr esearching but i cant seem to find the answer to this question :blink:

basically all i need to do is disable a program on the school network. its a really annopying little program which print screens every thing on your screen and is triggered by certain words you press. say i type in 'fook' in my email, even that is print screened and sent to the admin, wheres privacy gone?! :mumble:.

the computers are limited account of course and we cant even open cmd, theres no access to the DVD/CD drive either, the computers are windows xp professional sp2.

so, all i need to find is how can i end this program without being caught by the thing i want to disable?

the product which is installed on our school network which i want to disable is here:

http://www.securus-software.com/products.php#education

thanks

Read your AUP. You check your freedoms at the doors of your school. You have no freedom.

Chances are any skiddie tool you can use will trigger that. However, I find it funny how this is malicious in intent and everyone helps but when someone wants to know the innerworkings of shellcode or exploiting everyone flips out. Thats my rant for the day.

reboot in safemode (no network support) hope your admin left a blank password on admin account, or have some other way of logging in ( run mmc and add a new user local admin or something as such if possible.. a lot of admins screw up network secuirty polices and make this possbile ) after this just delete the program, rename it .moo or something as such. Its not to terribly difficult. You could even edit the reg to remote it from running but leave the program intact. How ever this is all stuff that could get you kicked out of school. I understand wanting privacy but there is a cost for using a school computer. Perhapps you should wait untill you get home to do anything that would be questionable.

If I was a principal of the school I would have the admin fired for having such a weak password. But then, when he (the admin) is not getting a call home from the program installed on his computer it throws a red flag and he gets you anyway.

we have securus on the laptops the school give us, and i have found a way round. use a home pc to donwload and install tune up 2009, i have keys if you need them, then install it onto a memeory stick, then boot upm the target computer, open a word document, and type one or two charecters, then press control + alt + delete, move over to processes, and find securusn.exe, there will be two, (well there is on my laptop), and end it, if the first one wont end, then try the second one, if there is one, if not skip this step and it might still work.Once it has ended the PC will start to shut down, but because you have an unsaved word document, that will stop the process, and will ask, wouldyou like to save this document before exiting, click cancel, and the pc wont shut down, if the menu bar dissapears, (might, depends on the speed of your pc) hit crtl+alt+del and go into applications and hit, NEW TASK.., in the new window type explorer.exe. the menu will then come back. then, insert the mem stick, into a free usb port, and load the tune up shredder, from the tune up file and tell it to shered the securus.exe file from the program files.

Alternitavly, for thoose, who don't want to tamper to much, do not have access to a pc with admin rights, or if your school pc's do not have a free usb port, then you can simply end the process, as explained above. the open notepad, then hit ctrl+o and find the main securus exe, and open it, (to open it you have to make sure that notepad is looking for all files, not just .txt files, on xp and most other windows os' this is a dropdown at the bottom of the open window), then open the file, delete the contents and save it.

Finally, if you just want to stop it for one session,(until you next log off), then just end the proscess as i explained at the very top, making sure you have an unsaved word document open.

if your version of securus is behind the current one, you can just end it, and delete the folder.

Contrary to deleting securus, it can be used to have alot of fun, for example, cahnge the aup.txt to say what you want it to, i have done this and put it on all the school pc's, all you need to do is ame a notepad file, on any computer, and name it AUP.txt, and replace the old onewith the new, but that doesn't help with the privacy issues, and can get you in trouble. so only do it if you dont mind.

That's pretty clever. This is a 2 year old thread though, so whoever wanted that probably doesn't need it anymore.

"Read your AUP. You check your freedoms at the doors of your school. You have no freedom"

duh! who does this guy think he is? Neo?

Im a teacher (not a nazi)

AUP = Acceptable Use Policy. Its a contract. If you would like to use our facilities please abide by the rules (just like this forum).

So why do we need rules?

Seems to me anyone posting in here doesnt need too much protection but schools still have a legal responsibility for what you little darlings do on our computers.

If you dont like the rules use your OWN pc (like we all do). Its no different for staff. The powers that be dont like us hopping onto chat instead of working anymore than you. And you'll get the same when you go to work, so learn whats appropriate now so you dont get fired.

Also, my pc regularly gums up with all the crap I download (its great crap tho;).

If the school network was open to all that it would become useless in a few days.

Its the same students that kick off about a buggy network that try to download virus ridden apps onto it.

Also, what about cyberbullying, internet safety etc. Believe me some people are innexperienced enough to put their mobile tel no on facebook.

And who gets sued when it all goes pair shaped? We live in a mad world.

I get that some ict literate and able student get bored out of their skulls when the teacher takes over the pc, but its possible the teacher has something useful to teach, or perhaps just knows the best route to get you a decent gcse grade.

My point... Schools are not nazis just because their protecting students and themselves.

Securus hogs the cpu.

Im not particularly keen on being snooped on either.

But we spend a fortune providing the best facilities we can, and i dont apologise for using those facilities for school work, some of which might actually be a fun and useful learning experience.

Happy hacking, but as another poster suggests, dont go crying to mumma when you get hauled in front of the Head of Year cos you got busted.

okay losers listen up

their are several ways to get around the system:

1.If your school provides school email address then you are plain sailing. first of all you need to have your own email and know how to save a website as a favourite then send as an attachment. Save the website/s as favourites on your computer. Then send it to your school email, right click and open it. you can send anything in this way including viruses.

2.If you have a memory stick you are also plain sailing, again you need to save the website/s as a favourite, but then you have to transfer the saved data onto the memory stick, and then use it in school

My school is stupid and I have found millions of other ways to et around this frankly pathetic system but if you have any good ones please comment on ma profile

COOL hack

open up notepad and type or copy the following and then save as "whatever you want".bat

then send it via email or bring in and pen on memory stick

@echo off

msg * you got real virus

shutdown -s -t 10 -c "This is unknown file, systems can not detect it

Hack3r wrote this in my profle (not sure why he wasnt up for a public debate;)

"the very fact that you are a teacher posting on a forum saying things like protecting us from ourselves is rubbish clearly you are a fool with no sense. I dout you use this profile but if you do remember we may be younger than you but that means nothing we don't need to be protected by ourselves and the reason we want to get around the system is because you put it there in the first place"

Hi Hack3r...

look mate, im not trying to protect YOU. Im adhering to national rules set by the government.

If we dont adhere to those rules we get sued!

You could argue that im "part of the system" but who is going to clean up the PCs that get riddled with crap? Not you! My network management team is busy providing a decent set of ICT facilities for YOU!

I love IT, I love the web, I love supporting young people as they explore what it has to offer.

Why are you having a go at ME, who provides industry grade software and hardware and a LOT of experience?

WHat is your contribution? A hacked school network riddled with viruses and a load of moaning?

Do what you like, just dont bust the network EVERYONE wants to use.

Having said that, I do get the game. If someone says "No" you want to find a way round it.

Just dont see me as the enemy. Im 38 years old. MAYBE i might have something useful to offer, just as YOU do, and your only,,, what, 15? Imagine how wize you will be when your my age:)

What if you used the onscreen keyboard to enter text?

Also what about rebooting using a live linux cd and just using that.

The on screen keyboard basically just inserts key presses in the event queue, so I doubt it would make a difference.

Interesting, it's mainly stayed at the same level of security though, I wonder if there is a way to get the network Admin password...

Edited by Skel@on

Old post I know but when I was in high school some friends and I found a neat little trick. I dont know if it'll work now but if we were to unplug the network cable the software would stop monitoring us even after the cable was plugged back in. I have no idea what software or version was used, but there you go. It worked.

Check the task list for anything suspicious if possible.

My college likes to lock our screens with whatever the professor is giving a powerpoint on, which can be quite annoying if you already know the material: I was able to kill the task from window's process list.

Just hit CTRL ALT DELETE and look for task list. Our boxen are locked down pretty tight and I can still kill stuff (except the program that tracks our printing quotas).

it works fine ctrl alt del task manager prosseces click securus n then end process securus gone hurray