natas

Verizon RCMAC

54 posts in this topic

I probably wouldn't use the phone that much, but heres an idea:

after you get the lineclass changed to residential, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting call forwarding put on the phone. Have all of the calls to that phone forwarded to wherever.

=

free divert. ;)

after you get the lineclass changed to residential, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting call forwarding put on the phone. Have all of the calls to that phone forwarded to wherever.

=

free divert. ;)

Just don't have it divert to any place you know or you're known.

Never mess with your home line, or the lines of your peoples, man.

/ab

It's always tempting to point various numbers at your home line, but you would get busted within minutes. The only number forwarded to my line currently is my yac dot com number...at least I think its still forwarding.

from the US: 011-44-709-203-6290

That i not a normal UK number. They charge a premium rate to call it. Verizon charged me 39 cents / minute, compared to the five cents a minute it costs me to dial regular UK numbers.

(sidenote: speaking of UK numbers, I'm pretty sure I didn't get charged to call the UK talking clock...I'm need to go check. That would be sweet to call it for free! I'll also try to locate the number and post it...)

=

free divert. ;)

:mumble: Free Divert with a call trace, and Itemized call list.. fun but then you get a pattern started!

rc mac is to make ANY changes to any line. you can do anyting. its for techs to use. its convenient because it bypasses the billing system. you can do ANYTHING, and yes, you can even request a line to be suspeneded and/or forwarded for a specific amount of time. anything you want, during normal buiness hours. however, there is usually at least one person there afterhours when the weather is bad.

yea that number i posted is for the after hours number so you can probably call anytime, even during business hours, if you just make it sound like you need them to do it for you.

rc mac is to make ANY changes to any line. you can do anyting. its for techs to use. its convenient because it bypasses the billing system. you can do ANYTHING, and yes, you can even request a line to be suspeneded and/or forwarded for a specific amount of time. anything you want, during normal buiness hours. however, there is usually at least one person there afterhours when the weather is bad.

You can do anything, but that doesn't always mean you should. In general, be careful around the RCMAC guys in Verizon... they're not as dense as some of the less-commonly SE'ed peepz (I'm not sure who I'm directing this to... everybody, perhaps). If you want to be supah-l33t, I'd suggest you call a couple of times a week for small small things for a month or so, get buddy-buddy, shoot the shit, know your buzzwords, read fuckverizon.com and do your homework. Study, study, study. One day, have an "emergency". They'll want to help you by then, and the more they want to help you, the more they will -- basic human psychology. What also helps is (IF you intend to call at night) calling during the day a few times, chatting or not, to get some names of people that work in the day... then you can use those names (as in "I usually work during the day and talk to [name of daytime RCMAC person], but I'm covering for [somebody who works at night doing emergency repairs or something]") at will, and as necessary. NB: Knowing somebody in CTG (Central Translations Group) and P2P (Point-to-Point) is always good, too.

/ab

PS: And why would you want to forward from RCMAC when you could simply have RCMAC add Remote Call Forwarding Variable (CFV) to a line? Just don't ever ever ever ever forward somebody's line to one of those numbers that temporarily disconnects a person's phone for an hour *cough* :roll: or to the backdoor number for 911 or information :nono:

after a while you start learning tech codes, names and jargon. basic social engineering. have confidence. in SBC area, they seem pretty trusting since "no one but SBC employees have that number". but still try to be safe. posting the rc mac number isnt too safe, since the ppl there start to catch on and get less engineerable. memos start floating throughout the offices. i got busted because of that once.

btw, howd u get the rc mac number in the first place? i got sbc's by telling a 0 op i was a tech on the top of a telephone poll and "i needed her help really badly". i was scared i was gonna fall down, and i left all my papers in the truck.

i called repair, told them i was an employee at a payphone that i was trying to fix, and that i needed to get through to the local RCMAC, and this is the number he gave me. i asked for a local one but the 1800 one is the one that came up. he was more than glad to help me. repair was the only thing i could get through to that would actually give out info.

Line Class Codes:

ESF=speed calling

CWT=Call Waiting

CFB=Call Forwarding Busy

CFV=Call Forwarding

TWC=Three Way Calling

TTC=Touch Tone Dialing

UNA=No Long Distance

PXX=Block All Long Distance services

CHD=Centrex

CPU=" "

ACB=Auto Call Back

FRE=Free Calling

DTF=Payfone

CFD=Coinless Charge a call

Line Problems:

NDT=No DialTone

CC=Cant Call

DTWD=DialTone While Dialing

CH=Cant Hear

CBH=Cant Be Heard

from LPH issue 5

that makes things a bit easier

=

free divert.  ;)

Just don't have it divert to any place you know or you're known.

Never mess with your home line, or the lines of your peoples, man.

/ab

oh yeah, word. ^_^

I've been wondering for some time now why you got the RCMAC number in Portland, Maine... Are you in ME/NH/VT or around there? It's pretty unusual, otherwise... I mean, Verizon West (TBOCFKAGTE!) has their own SPOC that connects through to RCMAC, and then Verizon East has a few SPOC numbers including the one you posted... Weeks later and it still bugs me -- why MAINE?! ;)

As a side-note, I found the Portland RCMAC number years ago completely by accident... I was at a payphone and a number wouldn't get out of my head til I called it so I did, et voila. It was actually kinda funny.

Anyway, are you in Maine?!?! :blink:

/ab

no im in vermont. i asked for the local rcmac where i live in VT but they gave me that 1800 rcmac place

i hate new england though. its not like im proud that i live here.

Aha, so you ARE in Vermont (as I said, it serves ME/VT/NH)...

Just for shits and giggles I'll dig you up a few numbers to play with sometime soon... I mean, if you're in New England you're probably DYING for something to do -_-

/ab

I am looking for the Verizon Switch list, covers all the switches with local and everything else!

But here is a little something to read!

I guess Telco is really scared about now:

http://www.cconvergence.com/article/CTM20011031S0007

http://www.wutc.wa.gov/rms2.nsf/0/AC012727...ion+Process.doc

Anyone up to apply:

http://www.soumu.go.jp/joho_tsusin/policyr...al99/form1.html

For decoder here ... a little something we were talking on the bridge about:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/147...llphones11.html

"my BLT drive just went AWOL" a funny quote from such a bad movie

oh yeah that link didnt work for me (bolth of them) i tried a few different ways and it still didnt work,

I am looking for the Verizon Switch list, covers all the switches with local and everything else!

I could probably generate custom LERG reports for you if you wanted them.

i hate new england though. its not like im proud that i live here.

Eh, don't. I believe the figure that the reports use is that approximately 75-80% of the "elite phreaks" are from the NYNEX (now Verizon East) 212 & 718 area codes. The more naive the switchmen & linemen, the easier it is to SE, the faster you can get information, and the more you can do. In addition, if memory serves correctly, the security at the dumpsters up there are a JOKE in comparison to the way things are out here (albeit not as much fun as the front-opening dumpsters in Qwest-Seattle-land). The only thing I can see that might really suck is the lack of other phreaks nearby... for whatever reason, historically speaking, phreaks are far more social than straight out "hackers"; we like to flock and interact and it's hard to make progress when you have nobody to guide you. Hey, you have the internet now! I sure didn't! :P (and for what it's worth, it's a lot more FUN to find things on your own -- you'll figure this out eventually -- but maybe not til you get to my age (in MY day we used to have to walk UPHILL (BOTH WAYS!) for 20 MILES IN THREE FEET OF SNOW TO DIG THROUGH COFFEE GROUNDS to find out that there was no such THING as a #7 ESS! ;))

/ab

its not like i look for the best area to phreak in as my place of residence....ya know?

the weather, the boredom, the people and so much more make me hate this place.

Heh. So I guess we know it's the egg that came cuzza tha chicken, no, Natas? (or should I say... SATAN? :P )

/ab

Natas? (or should I say... SATAN? :P )

Natas is actually originally a Norske name and doesn't mean Satan.