natas

Verizon RCMAC

54 posts in this topic

1-800-392-6000 is the verizon RCMAC center. They handle all RCMAC calls after normal business hours. From what she told me, i think if you were to call the local RCMAC number after hours it would just get forwarded to them. You can probably call them in the day and social your local number out of them as well. Im not sure if anyone else knew this, so i thought id share it with everyone.

I have tried google, but I can't find anything about RCMAC.

can anyone give me a link or explain to me how/what rcmac works/does?

RCMAC - recent change memory administrative center

They change lineclass. You can do shit like add 3-way, call waiting, etc to your line and never pay for it since the business office doesn't know about it. There are many other things you could do, but most people would use this to change the class of someones service. One cool thing we used to do back in the day, was remove touch-tone dialing from peoples line. They never figure out they need to use pulse! If you do that to your enemy, and change their phone to a payphone, they won't be very happy about it to ay the least.

if you call that 800# now, then would you be able add services to your line?

Hell ask Prism what and howZ about RC Mac, he is the pro here!

if you call that 800# now, then would you be able add services to your line?

You would have to know some telco lingo, line class codes, etc., to effectively bullshit them. I can tell you that the people at RCMAC do not necessarily know what these things all mean (cable & pair, etc.). They just enter crap into a computer...they are under the impression that YOU know this shit, so if you can SOUND like you know what you're talking about, it just may work. Remember this...I have MADE SHIT UP when talking to these people...if it APPEARS that you know what you're talking about, most people will buy it. Just use acronyms like ANAC, DATU, STFU...it doesnt matter...the people at RCMAC probably don't know anyway. Thats just a basic S.E. trick; Creating the illusion that you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Keep in mind, however, that if you add services to your own line, you may find yourself in some trouble. When they notice these NEW features that you have without paying. They probably will just think that THEY fucked up somewhere, but it's better safe than sorry. It's never a good idea to use your phreaking skills on your own line. Just be safe, but have fun.

you know I would never use it like that decoder :roll: . But anyway, I was just woundering, have you ever done it on a payphone to make free call (not for the purpose of free calls but for the hell of it)?

Ive never done that, but if youre into phree payfone calls, you may want to loo into dialing into the modem on COCOT's. There used to be a few tricks that may still work...

can consumers make legit calls to the rcmac number?

this may help with the SEing of them www.verizon.com/wholesale/clecsupport/east/wholesale/ customer_docs/classof_service_table1.pdf

someone whos good with that lingo should call this rcmac number for me and change this totally DESERTED payphone info a free phone for me.

someone whos good with that lingo should call this rcmac number for me and change this totally DESERTED payphone info a free phone for me.

:mumble: Sounds like a good job for a guy named Natas!

heh. i dunno i def. dont think i know the lingo good enough.

the thing that you have to understand, natas, is that they don't either. If you act like you know exactly waht you're talking about, you can probably trick them. Also check the abovementioned pdf. One thing that you must have real knowledge of is general lineclass lingo. After that, toss buzzwords like a mofo.

^_^

i dunno i dont think i could act like i know what im talking about when i really dont. i dont even know what lineclass the payphone would have to be changed to, to provide free local and long distance calls....that manual posted is pretty tech

i dont even know what lineclass the payphone would have to be changed to, to provide free local and long distance calls....that manual posted is pretty tech

Meh, all you'd really have to do is change the LCC to a residential line class, such as 1FR (One Flat Rate) and (for maximum longevity) use a equal access provider (a 10-10-xxx number) to make long distance calls instead of fucking around with the LD provider on the switch (too much hassle).

/ab

:mumble: And then where does the bill Go for 10 10 XXX? :glare:

:mumble: And then where does the bill Go for 10 10 XXX? :glare:

Technically, it doesn't go anywhere. Pick out an Equal Access Provider that waits a fucklong time to do their billing (some don't bill the first month but wait a month or two for the charges to get billed) and let it die eventually... What'll happen is that the switch will have a record of the phone as a residential class but the billing systems won't really know the number since it will be a resold number (if it's a COCOT) or originally a line-class that wasn't in the billing computers in the first place (if it's BOC-owned). There will be some confusion and it'll eventually get found out, but it'll take some time. Most likely when stuff like this happens :devil: it's put on the switch staff as a mistake in ordering procedure (yes, a *mistake*)... Things like this used to (ahem) happen all the time "by accident" in New York and other places I've been to; random payphones would make free local calls for a while and eventually go back to being payphones... I've seen the resultant email parried about by provisioning staff and the like -- it's amusing.

/ab

HA! Cool shit. Maybe I should go screw around a little with this. I'd probably never even use the phone, but it would be cool nonetheless.

:mumble: Now I am beginning to think of a ...a ... plan... YES a grand Plan... :glare:

Needed disclaimer:

*DDP is not liable for Majestics plans, unless they are beneficial with no bad consequencesl

Needed disclaimer:

*DDP is not liable for Majestics plans, unless they are beneficial with no bad consequencesl

Further Disclaimer: Abhaya is not responsible for anybody's plans, consequences be damned, as always...

/ab

PS: But for the record, why mess with an 800 RCMAC #, and if so, remember, WATS is not something to do from home... Gotta butt set? ;)