I_Eat_Childrenz

Wireless Encryption

21 posts in this topic

Hey. Can somebody give me a link to an easy to use Wireless Encryption Password cracker? Airsnort links are broken all over and i cant seem to find a program that is useful? Thanks in advance.

I would have used the airsnort from sourceforge if i could get the link to work. it just says that its unavailable...

sudo aptitutde install aircrack :) i love my ubuntu

No one maintains Phlak anymore, it's old and outdated, and very broken.

There are plenty of choices at securitydistro.com

No one maintains Phlak anymore, it's old and outdated, and very broken.

Just like WhatChout so its perfect.

:P

Just install linux and set it up yourself, it's really not that difficult. There really are no good livecds out there.

There really are no good livecds out there.

I love slax, backtrack, and knoppix and use them from USB drives on an almost daily bases. Especially backtrack, how can you not like backtrack?

Live CDs are only good for temporary use. You cannot do desktop installs and keep them up to date (security). The only live cd that is actually a good idea to do a desktop install is Sidux (Debian Sid). Other than that, live cds are only good for ocassional use. I found Backtrack to be a little buggy... If you really want to use a live cd, just roll your own .iso and burn it to a dvd (for size). If you need to update, just update, and re-burn. IMO anyway.

Alk3

There really are no good livecds out there.

I love slax, backtrack, and knoppix and use them from USB drives on an almost daily bases. Especially backtrack, how can you not like backtrack?

I'd much rather have my own install of slackware or fedora that I can have setup how I like and have setup correctly. I love slackware but slax is a piece of shit.

I rarely use live cds, normally I keep them on USB. Running off USB should be technically faster then running off CD right?

Depending on the speed of the usb bus and the speed of the cdrom, assuming you don't load the livecd into ram which you should if you have the space, the usb should be faster.

I'd much rather have my own install of slackware or fedora that I can have setup how I like and have setup correctly. I love slackware but slax is a piece of shit.

No, I meant in general, I don't think that any live cd operating system should be used as a primary OS with few exceptions.

I was saying that live distros are fantastic because if you need to do something like sniff traffic, you can just put in the stick, bounce the machine, and in less then 5 minutes be dumping to the drive. Thats about the fastest turn around you can get.

My laptop has all I need installed on it...no turnaround required.

My laptop has all I need installed on it...no turnaround required.

Yes but you can't get a laptop past site security like you can if you had something like... a 2gb mini usb stick hidden in a cut out space under the sole of shoe.

And the laptop needs a power supply, and networking cables... the sys admin might notice another machine on the network... those kinds of problems.

Edited by Drake Anubis

And you really think that booting a display computer or a kiosk into linux isn't going to be obvious. You may as well get a zarus at that point because there is no way in hell you aren't going to be caught.

booting a display computer or a kiosk into linux isn't going to be obvious.

lol, funny you should mention that. One time I left a bootable knoppix cd in a target wedding gift registry kiosk thing and it was there for three days. And apparently people were using it because on the 2nd day the firefox browsing history was like entirely myspace.

EDIT:

*Puts on blackhat...

Come to think of it, That could have been a good keylogger moment

Edited by Drake Anubis