Irongeek

April 1st Computer Pranks

71 posts in this topic

Anyone got Ideas I could use in a video? :)

Irongeek, I got one for you. This is actually very funny, depending on how you make the audio mix. Here is a great example of this:

# Youtube Link (Windows Startup Prank)

Harmless, Hilarious, Embarrassing.

AND you can video tape it...I'd love to pitch in some ideas if you decide to do it....in terms of making the actual audio.

That video is completely fake but funny none the less.

Here's an idea: hook up a wireless mouse receiver (preferably one that doesn't require direct LOS) to the back of his computer and point it in your general direction and control his cursor with the rouge mouse.

A fake blue screen of death. Always works with some buddies.

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <windows.h>
#include <conio.h>

// BY TOI

using namespace std;

void Color(string szText, int X, int Y, WORD color)
{
HANDLE OutputH;
COORD position = {X, Y};
OutputH = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
SetConsoleTextAttribute(OutputH, color);
SetConsoleCursorPosition(OutputH, position);
cout << szText;
}

class Program {
public
:
void Fullscreen();
};

int main()
{
int i;
Color("", 0, 0, FOREGROUND_INTENSITY | BACKGROUND_BLUE);
system("CLS");
Color("", 0, 0, FOREGROUND_INTENSITY | BACKGROUND_BLUE);

Program start;

start.Fullscreen();
cout <<"\n\n\n";
cout <<" WINDOWS\n\n\n\n";

cout <<" A fatal exception OE has occured at 028:C00068F8 in VxD VMM(01) +\n"
<<" 000056F8. The current application will be terminated.\n\n\n"
<<" *Press any key to terminate the application.\n"
<<" *Press CRTL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. You will\n"
<<" lose any unsaved information in all applications.\n\n\n";

cout <<" Press any key to continue";
cin >> i;
getch();

return 0;
}

void Program::Fullscreen()
{
keybd_event (VK_MENU, 0x38, 0, 0);
keybd_event (VK_RETURN, 0x1c, 0, 0);
keybd_event (VK_RETURN, 0X1c, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
keybd_event (VK_MENU, 0x38, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
}

Edited by TOI

Anyone got Ideas I could use in a video? :)

Irongeek, I got one for you. This is actually very funny, depending on how you make the audio mix. Here is a great example of this:

# Youtube Link (Windows Startup Prank)

Harmless, Hilarious, Embarrassing.

AND you can video tape it...I'd love to pitch in some ideas if you decide to do it....in terms of making the actual audio.

I did that once, only it was some Doctor saying "penis" in a monotone voice and we cranked the volume up.

yo thats all some funny shit. i love to fuck with people and sutff when they r on the computer. This one time, I totally hacked this kid in our computer lab at work and I was like, typing shit on his screen and stuff. it was totally cool.

Wow, I'm glad you banned this prick.

I have an idea for a prank:

1) Disable your computer's CD/DVD drive auto-run

2) Burn a program that ejects all the CD drives as an auto-run program, onto a CD.

3) Mark the CD with something mysterious and put it somewhere so someone would want to find out what's on it. One of three things will happen now: either the victim gets bored and throws the CD away, either he or she figures out to disable the auto-run and finds out that it's a prank, or he or she will continue shoving the CD into the CD-ROM tray for some time. :wacko:

4) Enable your computer's CD/DVD drive auto-run now, if you want

1. From the DOS/Win9x days (only effective in 9x if you fullscreen the dos window)

copy con haxor.bat
ctty nul
cls
^Z

This sets the input device to null (locking out keyboard input) and clears the screen. Just type "haxor" to start it. I'm not sure if this will work on the Command Prompt on NT derivatives

2. Set their homepage to a last measure mirror, such as http://lolbinrev.on.nimp.org (NOT SAFE FOR ANYWHERE). Better yet, do it on a display computer in a public place. For ultimate lulz, mirror last measure, put it on a flash drive, copy it to a shitload of public display computers, and set up timers so all the computers start it up at once. Picture it, every display computer in best buy gets taken over by a delicious combo of goatse, tubgirl, etc.

3. Floppy Disk Bombs (Can anyone confirm that this actually works, I'm too lazy to put one together)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't know if someone mentioned this yet, but very simple and laughable prank can be done in computer lab, or internet cafe. Duck behind computers standing next to each other and connect the first keyboard to the second computer, the second mouse to the first computer and the first monitor to the second computer (or any other combination you'd like to achieve). Wait and watch the mayhem.

I got a quick little story. One time I was in one of the computer labs at my school during lunch (installing ubuntu on one of the old macs, wooo for linux in the general public) and just talking with the instructor a little bit.

Well he has the lab open at lunch so there we a couple people working on things, including these two girls working on a powerpoint for spanish. They were talking outloud like, "Umm.. how do you say fork in spanish?" and the instructor nudges me and points at the girls then at his machine (where he has a vnc up of their computer). He goes, "watch this"...

Hey types "Por que?" on their screen and the girls stare at it, then delete it, one of them says, "hey did you see that!" and the instructor types "Si, Por que?". And the girl deletes it again, so the instructor types, "Stop deleting me! Its not my fault you cant speak spanish!" and then this chick screems out...

AAHHHH INSTRUCTORS_NAME THE COMPUTER IS TALKING TO ME... AND ITS MAD THAT I CANT SPEAK SPANISH!!!

She was so freaked out and I laughed so hard.

When I was in college, the labs mostly had Windows 2000 boxes. Of course, we used to have a lot of fun doing random net_sends to people in other classrooms.

Usually thoough, we'd walk around to the classroom, peek in the door and find out where somebody we knew was sitting, then run back to the lab and start bombarding that machine with obscene messages. If they knew the geography of the network (as most of us did), it was really easy for them to find out where the messages were coming from. Usually, this sort of prank would end up as an intra-departmental game of "The Dozens," where we'd spam each other back and forth with all kinds of nasty "yo mama" jokes.

Sometimes though, one of our marks would get annoyed about the constant interruptions in the middle of his class, especially if he didn't know how to do net_sends. So when they came into the lab during their 15-minute break looking all pissed off, we'd all have a good laugh.

There was another very popular prank thaat we would always do if somebody left the lab without logging off the machine they were using. In those cases, we'd mess around with their user account. Nothing malicious, of course--we wouldn't delete data or anything--we'd just do things like photoshop their face onto some gay softcore pr0n and make that their desktop wallpaper, change their browser home page to www.gayboys.com, rename all the folders in their My Documents directory, etc. Another popular gag was to cover their desktop with like 1000 New Folders, all named "REMEMBER TO LOG OFF!!!"

Yeah those were the good ole days...

Edited by MyNameIsURL

We'd always turn off the sound, throw on some meatspin, and turn the monitor off. Often, someone would try to use the computer before it auo-logged off.

http://lolbinrev.on.nimp.org (NOT SAFE FOR ANYWHERE).

do not click on that. i did. :D I was curious and it is not cool. im glad there is such thing as ALT-F4. lol

/retard Alk3 pwned himself

When we spot a school-computer someone forgot to log-off. I go to the My Documents folder and arrange by last modified. I then proceed in opening the latest power-point presentation.

Hoping that they would open the ppt on a projector in front of a class without first re-checking their work.

This:

SAN FRANCISCO: Senior executives at Google Inc launched their annual April Fools' Day prank on Sunday, posting a link on the company's home page to a site offering consumers free high-speed wireless Internet through their home plumbing systems.

Code-named "Dark Porcelain", Google said its "Toilet Internet Service Provider"(TiSP) works with Microsoft Corp's new Windows Vista operating system. But sorry — septic tanks are incompatible with the system's requirements.

Would become This:

SAN FRANCISCO: Senior executives at Google Inc launched their anal April Fools' Day wank on Sunday, posting a link on the company's home poon to a site offering consumers free high-speed wireless Internet through their home plumbing systems.

Code-named "Dank Penisland", Google said its "Toilet Internet Service Provider"(TiSP) works with Microsoft Corp's new Windows Vista operating system. But sorry — septic tanks are incompatible with the system's requirements.

Subtle changes. ;-)

There was another very popular prank thaat we would always do if somebody left the lab without logging off the machine they were using. In those cases, we'd mess around with their user account. Nothing malicious, of course--we wouldn't delete data or anything--we'd just do things like photoshop their face onto some gay softcore pr0n and make that their desktop wallpaper, change their browser home page to www.gayboys.com, rename all the folders in their My Documents directory, etc. Another popular gag was to cover their desktop with like 1000 New Folders, all named "REMEMBER TO LOG OFF!!!"

Yeah those were the good ole days...

aka derfing, around here. We do it quite often, to varying degress of luser embarassment.

http://lolbinrev.on.nimp.org (NOT SAFE FOR ANYWHERE).

do not click on that. i did. :D I was curious and it is not cool. im glad there is such thing as ALT-F4. lol

/retard Alk3 pwned himself

Is that the one that spazzes up your firefox/IE etc and has gay stuff in the background? :P

My coworkers use IE a lot, and they always use the icon on their desktop. I changed the properties of their IE icon to "shutdown -s -t 0" which means, shutdown now. It was GREAT.

The Acid Lounge, a P2P filesharing BBS community, posted this image in lieu of its homepage on April 1st:

20070401232050le2.jpg

Thats so amateur, who would believe that? I guess all the p2p kids eh?

I'm sure it scared the wits out of somebody.

Hopefully they even went so far as to delete all their pilfered media in the heat of panic, then felt like an ass when they realized it was just a hoax..

Hopefully they even went so far as to delete all their pilfered media in the heat of panic, then felt like an ass when they realized it was just a hoax..

lmao, I know a few people who would do that if they saw that. I love gullible people. Doubly so this week.