Irongeek

April 1st Computer Pranks

71 posts in this topic

Oh I need to compile it. Now I now I am tired. Sorry. I ws just trying to change it to a exe. Now that makes sence on why I could not get it to work. Oh and sorry to hijack your thread Irongeek. I am just going to go to bed. It is late and I must get up in 5 hrs.

Rig the computer's "POWER ON" button to some explosives/fireworks in some other room / outside

If I had more time I would think of something like this to do, maybe not include fireworks but something randomly happening somewhere else.

God I love working in an office. I got to figure out something good to do though.

Oh I need to compile it. Now I now I am tired. Sorry. I ws just trying to change it to a exe. Now that makes sence on why I could not get it to work. Oh and sorry to hijack your thread Irongeek. I am just going to go to bed. It is late and I must get up in 5 hrs.

OMG! :blink:

About the computer pranks theres also inserting a linux live bootcd into a total windows addict and noob. There is also again the old switching of the power/reset buttons between them or removing a bit the ram, just lifting it a bit from the slot enough so it beeps like mad. There is also backing up all the precious data from his hdd and after that deleting and then displaying a wallpaper with: all your data has been deleted because it took to much space or some wierd message. Or pluging his display into another pc with same desktop icons and so on and so forth.

I think my favorite was when I hid all of there desktop icons, and locked there computer with a 40 character password--good times.

Anyone ever get someone with this:

post-2713-1175088915_thumb.jpg

Display it in full screen (this can be done with MS Paint even) and unplug the mouse! Of course, it only gets people if the computer uses an LCD display.

Edited by systems_glitch

There was a bunch of these on digg last year if I remember. Videos and top ten lists. They'll all probably pop up again.

Can you say...

@PJL RDYMSG DISPLAY="00 OUT OF CHEESE"

I like to switch a couple of keys on the keyboard, such as N and M. On most modern keyboards they'll just pop out. Depending on how good of a typist the person is, it may take them a while when they suddenly realize that "M" appears whenever they type "N". It'll drive them crazy, they'll be unplugging the keyboard, rebooting, etc.

Also, if they walk away from their computer for a minute, CTRL-ALT and one of the arrow keys will often flip the screen upside down, sideways, etc., depending on their graphics card and drivers. Try it out, you can flip the image on the screen all around.

ahaha, i love doing the keys thing. i did it on a keyboard in school, switchinh around all the f1, f2, f3, ..., f9, with 1, 2, 3, ..., 9. i also spelled out "fuck" on the keyboard, and alot of other things.

Ok, I don't know how much of a "prank" this is but, I always get a good laugh out of just barley unplugging someones mouse and keyboard when they're away.

The key is to make it look like it's plugged in but, only push it in half way.

I don't know if I'd do that. That kind of thing can cause some serious hardware damage, especially with USB peripherals.

Ok I never claimed to be a programer but I can not get this to work. :blowfuse: Can someone help me here please? How the heck do I make this work? Thank you. :) Wow I must be tired.

Did you add <windows.h> library?

Edited by MaRo

Send them a letter with baking powder in it and "ANTHRAX" written all over it.

LoLz...That would be really funny.

Your right it would be funny as hell...

and then you would probaly get in a shitload of trouble

Send them a letter with baking powder in it and "ANTHRAX" written all over it.

LoLz...That would be really funny.

This happened to somebody in my town. But they used flour.

This one is always good if your in a school. Just unplug the teacher's ethernet cord. Most teachers are about 100% computer illiterate, so they will just freak out and maybe call whoever fixes the computers in your school.

Ok, I don't know how much of a "prank" this is but, I always get a good laugh out of just barley unplugging someones mouse and keyboard when they're away.

The key is to make it look like it's plugged in but, only push it in half way.

I don't know if I'd do that. That kind of thing can cause some serious hardware damage, especially with USB peripherals.

that's why you do it to someone else's computer...

hey, i stole the mouse switch and the fake virus.

created a .bat with the mouse switch, and then compiled the fake virus, put them together using iexpress.exe (creates self installning packages for windoze) renamed it to something related to a game, and sent it to a friend.

he called 2 mins later to check if i had actually sent him a virus, he didnt want to turn on pc again and unplugged it or something like that xD

tis simple but just in case:

@echo off

rundll32.exe user32.dll,SwapMouseButton

doesn't matter though if its showing or not on the cmd box, iexpress.exe will let you chose if it should run minimized or not, and it also allows you to ask for the reboot just in case you tested n3xg3ns code wihtout the reboot part :P

then just add the compiled "virus"

the only reason i did this was to keep smart people from actually closing the cmd window, as i googled for a way of killing the mouse or controlling it through C but it requires libraries not all pcs seem to have :s

yo thats all some funny shit. i love to fuck with people and sutff when they r on the computer. This one time, I totally hacked this kid in our computer lab at work and I was like, typing shit on his screen and stuff. it was totally cool.

Switching the mouse buttons is always hilarious! Also randomly activating the screen saver and opening CD trays price less.

yo thats all some funny shit. i love to fuck with people and sutff when they r on the computer. This one time, I totally hacked this kid in our computer lab at work and I was like, typing shit on his screen and stuff. it was totally cool.

o shit son dat shit iz da bomg dog. I dizzle dat shit ahl da time fool. whn i r on dey computerz typn thingz an shit.

^Lol+

Anywho...

I prefer April 1st pranks to be _public_ ... anyone have any ideas?

Switching the mouse buttons is always hilarious! Also randomly activating the screen saver and opening CD trays price less.

yea randomly opening cd trays is even funnier when u hav this program that makes fartin noises at the same time to bad i cant remember wat it was

I had a program in the past that caused the start menu button to slide around on the task bar, you could set it to move from side to side or to marque, or other options like avoid the mouse. It still worked while it moved, I think this was windows 98 though.

Just open kazza and type in 'joke' and download all the .exes you find.

Edited by Drake Anubis

I had a program in the past that caused the start menu button to slide around on the task bar, you could set it to move from side to side or to marque, or other options like avoid the mouse. It still worked while it moved, I think this was windows 98 though.

hahahahahahahhahahahah winner.

Because randomly downloading EXEs from Kazaa fixes all problems =P

r3a11y that s0und5 aw3s0m3 :D

<_<

Because randomly downloading EXEs from Kazaa fixes all problems =P

well it DOES get rid of the problem, along with everything else.

:o screw termite and all the wiping HDD threads! KAZAA FTW!

Anyone got Ideas I could use in a video? :)

Irongeek, I got one for you. This is actually very funny, depending on how you make the audio mix. Here is a great example of this:

# Youtube Link (Windows Startup Prank)

Harmless, Hilarious, Embarrassing.

AND you can video tape it...I'd love to pitch in some ideas if you decide to do it....in terms of making the actual audio.