captlogic

BinRev Radio Episodes before #183

7 posts in this topic

I subscribed to the binrev radio podcast awhile back and didn't really look, but now I notice that I don't have any episodes before #183. What gives?

I've searched this forum but didn't find anything related.

Anybody else notice this?

TIA

Thats just the way the RSS feed is setup, stank could create a second RSS feed for iTunes but that would be to much work on his part. Just go to the website www.binrev.com and download the shows from there.

Hope that helps.

I seem to remember when iTunes first started adding podcasts that they weren't parsing full rss feeds and only grabbing parts of them. It may just be that iTunes is slow for updating or an issued like this.

I seem to remember when iTunes first started adding podcasts that they weren't parsing full rss feeds and only grabbing parts of them. It may just be that iTunes is slow for updating or an issued like this.

*Investigates

No, the feed going into iTunes only covers the most recent episodes, iTunes will handle all of the past episodes if they were present in the feed.

If you really want iTunes backwards compatibility, you could craft an RSS feed with the back episodes, have that feed be modified with some simple scripting everytime the binrev feed is updated, and then give that feed to iTunes in place of the official binrev feed.