cmdradio

*New Show* CmdRadio new episode every week

42 posts in this topic

Hello, First off i just wanted to say how awesome binary revolution is. i listen to it all the time. its great to see how you dedicate time to help spreading the word on a variety of topics. lookin forward to the next episode.

but anyway, I wanted to contribute to helping spread the knowledge by making my own show.

its called CmdRadio. the forum is at www.cmdradio.com , yes i know theres like nothing there but thats cause its only been there for a week.

CmdRadio is a weekly show discussing the latest in Technology,Mods,Laws,Privacy,Hacking,Phreaking

and other topics of interest.

if you are interested please visit us at www.cmdradio.com

we are open to PLENTY of suggestions / questions, so feel free to email us at: cmdradio@gmail.com

i hope that ppl join the forum and start up some interesting topics as we are always willing to leanr and to teach.

~Bill (CmdRadio)

great. thanks for the support and ill defintly change the skin. as i can see why it is hard to read.

ok i brightened the text, hope that makes it easier to read. keep checkn back at the site. its only been up for a week so i know theres quite a lack of content which is why i would like to see people join.

im puttin up pics of the Wiikey modchip that finally shipped if anyones interested in how it works and have doubts that it works. ill also be putting up vids of it working.

See your problem is that I'm a lazy bastard, and like RSS feeds so I don't have to go to the site every X days and check for new shows... if I was your RSS feed where would I be...

Oh, wait theres a feed in iTunes... *Subscribe

I'll listen to this and get back to you, let me know if you ever need help with anything though, always glad to see another tech show.

EDIT: Hey you know your iTunes feed is incomplete, and has no album art associated with it. If you need an album art picture you should hit up somebody like Zal91 or myself and see about getting something created to go there. No reason not to have nice album art.

Edited by Drake Anubis

theres a feed at http://cmdradio.blogspot.com/ i forgot to mention that.

ps-pls dont be to harsh if u have any comments about the show as we are new to this and will grow with experience.

;)

we are open to all suggestions, so please if u have any we will gladly accept it as we would like to make the show as good as we possibly can.

I think you should use the blog as the home page instead of the forums cause like, for example:

If I want information about whats going on with binrev I'd go to binrev.com, where all of the information is presented and whatnot. And then if I wanted the forums I'd go to binrev.com/forums.

It seems a little strange to have to go to somewhere else other then cmdradio.com to get like the show notes and stuff. (And the dark skin on the forums is kindof hard to read).

But I'm listening to episode two now and it sounds great so far.

were working on an actual webpage but its not even clost to being complete yet so i have the domain temporarily redirect to the forum. once the actual site is up i will be a link to the forum instead of the way i have it now. so i guess for now i will redirect to the blog and put a link to the forum. ive just been real busy lately and havent had much time to work on it. but things are slowing down now, so i will have more time to work on it.

thanks for the pointers.

Hey, nice job. I just finished listening to episode two, sounds great considering its only your second episode. I don't really have much to say, I'm sure its going to improve over time, just make sure to keep the RSS and iTunes feeds up to date.

If you need anything or have any problems just say so and I'm sure somebody here could help you out no problem. Keep up the good work.

If there's one thing I learned from doing BCR, it is that people like rants and raunchy humor. These are your first episodes, so you are expected to be a bit nervous and a bit unsure of how to carry yourself. However, once you get the hang of things, don't be afraid to just shoot the shit sometimes. So far the show sounds good and I can tell you guys have potential.

If there's one thing I learned from doing BCR, it is that people like rants and raunchy humor. These are your first episodes, so you are expected to be a bit nervous and a bit unsure of how to carry yourself. However, once you get the hang of things, don't be afraid to just shoot the shit sometimes. So far the show sounds good and I can tell you guys have potential.

lol, you ramble? no... I don't belive it

Sounds interesting. I am subscribed to your podcast. But where are the forums? Link someone?

Ok, everything is be migrated over to a new system so just completely ignore the exisiting feed as well as the entry(s) in the iTunes Music store. I'll let everyone know when everything is working.

yes we will have the other 2 episodes put back up once we got the feed set up properly. this will be done in the next 2 days. we will provide the new feed URL and the new forum URL once that gets set up. but as of right now the only thing i could do is email them

*rolls eyes....

The iTunes Store is the suck

Edited by Drake Anubis

I agree but extremely often, some of the 'hacker' radio and TV shows I listen to/watch (not Binrev BTW) just waste your time, their OT 50% of the broadcast. If I want comedy, I'll watch/listen to a comedian, not some 13 yr old crappy humour.

It needs balance, but on topic content is king IMO.

omg, I know what you mean. You have to find the balance between information and humor otherwise it's useless or boring. Some shows to a great job, like binrev and pauldotcom for example I think have that down to an art now.

I agree but extremely often, some of the 'hacker' radio and TV shows I listen to/watch (not Binrev BTW) just waste your time, their OT 50% of the broadcast. If I want comedy, I'll watch/listen to a comedian, not some 13 yr old crappy humour.

It needs balance, but on topic content is king IMO.

I do agree that there is a fine line between having enough humor, and too much humor. Content is what makes hacker radio different than any old random show out there, but if you stay strictly business about the contect, it gets terribly boring.

Hello, First off i just wanted to say how awesome binary revolution is. i listen to it all the time. its great to see how you dedicate time to help spreading the word on a variety of topics. lookin forward to the next episode.

but anyway, I wanted to contribute to helping spread the knowledge by making my own show.

its called CmdRadio. the forum is at www.cmdradio.com , yes i know theres like nothing there but thats cause its only been there for a week.

CmdRadio is a weekly show discussing the latest in Technology,Mods,Laws,Privacy,Hacking,Phreaking

and other topics of interest.

if you are interested please visit us at www.cmdradio.com

we are open to PLENTY of suggestions / questions, so feel free to email us at: cmdradio@gmail.com

i hope that ppl join the forum and start up some interesting topics as we are always willing to leanr and to teach.

~Bill (CmdRadio)

listened to the first two episodes and i must say that it's not bad at all if you guys need a hand with anything just let me know otherwise keep up the good content

-Enigma

Just some suggestions (not sure if you guys plan to do this) but here goes

Have direct links to the .mp3s and .oggs

Worry less about being "too comical" and worry more about being too political *cough* off the hook *cough*

Maybe post an updated link to the blog (if you have one) b/c the first one posted is dead.

btw, what is BCR?

Just some suggestions (not sure if you guys plan to do this) but here goes

Have direct links to the .mp3s and .oggs

Worry less about being "too comical" and worry more about being too political *cough* off the hook *cough*

Maybe post an updated link to the blog (if you have one) b/c the first one posted is dead.

btw, what is BCR?

BCR was a pretty awful show I used to do about a year ago.

BCR was a pretty awful show I used to do about a year ago.

That was a great show, I listened to all of them a couple months ago.

And yeah the cmd radio feed works and its in iTunes

for real, this show is pretty ok. i like the tecnical stuff and whatever. but you guys need to get some bitches or something.