droops

Hackermedia is BACK!!!

57 posts in this topic

Okay droops, if you PM me a few days before any holiday I will happily make you a season styled logo. Here is a Christmas one for example.

Buddy, just make a whole batch all at once and send them to the Droops, he can just have the site use the logo that matches the holiday automatically with scripting.

Okay then, I will need a list of holidays.

if you need any help zal91 or droops, do tell <3

Okay then, I will need a list of holidays.

Besides national holidays? What about important events like the 100th anniversary of the internet or the day the RIAA was shutdown. (both examples set in the distance future). You could do those too if you wanted, give yourself something to do.

And I was just on hackermedia, was the logo fuzzy there and not in the original?

EDIT, wait the HM is fuzzy in the original also. Is that intentional or a problem you haven't corrected? Because if you can't correct it I can convert it into a vector in illustrator for you so that it will scale better.

Edited by Drake Anubis

Last one of the night; easter.

Hackermediaeaster.png

EDIT, wait the HM is fuzzy in the original also. Is that intentional or a problem you haven't corrected? Because if you can't correct it I can convert it into a vector in illustrator for you so that it will scale better.

It may be. If you could convert it and post in a format Photoshop could understand, that would be great.

It may be. If you could convert it and post in a format Photoshop could understand, that would be great.

Yeah, I'll show you the difference. I'll create the HM part of the logo into a vector shape so it will scale to any size without pixeling, the fonts of course should scale to any size just fine. I'll post the file tommarow.

Edited by Drake Anubis

Ok, there we go. The problem with the first image was that it was a bitmap and wasn't scaling right, I created a vector object (and object made of points instead of pixels) based of the original. The problem of course being that the translation isn't prefect, however as a vector object you can edit any of the points and bend the object in any way you want.

I included an example showing the way I broke down the original image before creating the vector, trying to get as close as I could. There are also examples showing how the vector will scale better then the rastered version.

The final logo is a adobe illustrator file, you can open this in photoshop. When photoshop opens the file it will ask what resolution you want (the default is 72), you can specify any value and photoshop will use the illustrator file to create a perfect shape regardless of size. Let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT, Wtf, its not letting me upload the .ai file. I'll have to email it, PM me with your email address. If anybody else wants the vector version of the logo for working with contact me or zal91 for the file.

post-8673-1174282448_thumb.jpg

post-8673-1174282456_thumb.jpg

post-8673-1174282462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drake Anubis

Zal these holiday themed logos are potentially the coolest shit ever. Here are a couple links to give you ideas. The more you can make the better. :voteyes:

See, I told you that would be a great idea. :D

You should make one for Steve Ballmer's birthday...

Great job Drake :)

Nice job Drake. Send it to myhandle ~at~ bellsouth.net

I just purchased Illustrator, so I will start playing around with it.

Nice job Drake. Send it to myhandle ~at~ bellsouth.net

I just purchased Illustrator, so I will start playing around with it.

Sent. The Chinese guy outside of bestbuy is a perfectly legit place to buy software for 9 dollars.

Okay, I am in the process of converting all of my stuff to vector images. I just need to play around in imageready, I can't wait until Adobe releases a universal binary for it. It runs slow as hell under Rosetta. I just learned that "smart object" in Photoshop = Vector image. Thanks Drake, the logo looks great and I will be posting shortly.

Ha ha, Stank, you are great; so funny.

rekcah-rebÜ reversed = Uber-hacker

Edited by zal91

I just learned that "smart object" in Photoshop = Vector image.

Actually bro, a smart object in photoshop is like another photoshop file. Photoshop calls them smart objects because they can be treated as a regular layer, even though its technically a completely separate photoshop file. As far as I know photoshop has no ability to work directly with vector images other then import them as a raster object.

Adobe assumes that you will be using the specific program for working with vectors, which would be illustrator. You should be able to drag and drop between the applications, adobe tried to create a seamless workflow as you move though the programs, with each program designed for a specific task.

For example, an audio track in adobe premiere can be edited directly from the timeline with adobe audition. Much like a adobe encore dvd menu can be edited directly with photoshop without exporting the menu from encore first.

Edited by Drake Anubis

I don't know, I can open the .aif file as a smart-object and then I can resize it to some crazy size without distortion.

I don't know, I can open the .aif file as a smart-object and then I can resize it to some crazy size without distortion.

Yeah I remembered a couple minutes after I made that last post that last night when I was working with the file I converted it during the import to photoshop. Photoshop normally will be able to resize the file on the fly, you don't get as much control over it like you would in illustrator but you certainly get more control then I previously put forth.

Good work Droops, Zal91, Seal. :) Awesome to see the site back. I've been eager to see the changes for a while now.

I guess I will post the PNGs in the morning, for now here are the PSDs. This is under the GPL. Please give credit where credit is due. Drake Anibus made the vector "HM" logo.

All is included in a 5.8MB compressed zip archive.

HM.zip

Drake Anibus made the vector "HM" logo.

Well I didn't create the logo design, I just replicated the design into a vector object... and how the hell did you get a zip to upload to binrev? I tried to get a .rar file up last night and it kicked back.

I am 1337er than thou.

*Rolls Eyes

Next time I'll use .zip instead of .rar

New logos made with Drake Anubis's vector logo. These should be less blurry.

post-2659-1174432538_thumb.png

post-2659-1174432568_thumb.png

post-2659-1174432559_thumb.png

post-2659-1174432550_thumb.png

post-2659-1174432573_thumb.png