Th3_ArCaNe

school's network

41 posts in this topic

Lets assume that i somehow figure out how to get into one of my schools computers from my house and lets assume that all of the computers in my school are networked together. If i got onto the computer at my school from the one i have at my house would i still be able to use that network?

Lets assume that i somehow figure out how to get into one of my schools computers from my house and lets assume that all of the computers in my school are networked together. If i got onto the computer at my school from the one i have at my house would i still be able to use that network?

Yes.

Good job if you did.

Thanks guys. Now I can screw with all my teachers heads. Oh yea lets say that I have access to the files on some of the computers. Could I get an account name password and ip address and if I can where do I need to look?

Don't even try it, your network administrator is probably going to be alot smarter than you.

HA! :lol: Are you freakin insane. I live in a state full of rednecks and I'm probaly smarter than half the teachers in my school. These people don't even think that someone at our school is even smart enough to actually hack in. Besides the network we have at my school links the whole school together and is completly wired there isn't an administrator.

HA! :lol: Are you freakin insane. I live in a state full of rednecks and I'm probaly smarter than half the teachers in my school. These people don't even think that someone at our school is even smart enough to actually hack in. Besides the network we have at my school links the whole school together and is completly wired there isn't an administrator.

Well... If they find out. (*cough*they probably will) the state will ban you from school computers until 18 or for ever depending on how much damage you do.

And what state do you like in Mississippi?

I've been hacking around my school's network for quite some time now. I've gotten myself in to some trouble here and there from that admin that I didn't think we had. The odds are if your school has a network, your school has an admin. Also the odds are that he's an asshole like the one I deal with on a daily basis. I still don't believe he's smarter than me, but he does appear to be smarter than I gave him credit for.

Edited by Mr. E

First off I live in Louisiana second so many people (not including me xD) use the computer I'm using as a gateway nobody'll ever know it was me. In fact I never had any real intention to do any harm to the computers. I just wanted to see if I could actually do it. I'm one of those kids that just does these things cuz we're bored. And your right we may have a network admin and I just don't know about it but they're still not gonna know it was me. I'll screw my own computer up sometimes (on purpose) just so i can have a chance to do these things without gettin caught

I'm just curious on how you did this...

magic

I'm just curious on how you did this...

magic

In English: He has no clue because he hasn't done it yet.

Not all school admins are dumb. (cough)me(cough) Some of us do know what we are talking about. And most of us are not dicks. (cough)me(cough)

As I have said before. If he is cool he may let you do it. Tell him you think you found a hole in the network and you want to try it. I would set a box up just to see if you could. Heck I have set a box up for a kid to do this. He could not get in by the way. But that is beside the point. Don't be stupid and dick around with the schools network. Not only can they expell you from school you can be put into juvie. If he is not cool this will surely hapen if you mess with the network. Just my .02.

Bingo. Seal is right I havent done it yet because I haven't finished setting everything up, but if you really want to know I'm doing this with remote access. I don't want to go at such a fast pace that I get caught and hrddrv I agree that not all admins are stupid and not all admins are dicks but still I'm not going to get caught because I only do this when we have a sub and the sub doesn't know any better (HORAY!!!)

Well hey I'm not going to tell you what not to do (except don't use myspace, make fake ids, or spend real money in secondlife.... thats fucking stupid), but be careful.

If you are ever in trouble for 'breaking' (and I use that lightly because its probably wide open) into the school network that is something that will follow you for a long time. And it doesn't say that you just loged on, it will say something like "Violated Academic Integrity" or something stupid like that.

And use TOR, and do it from an open access point.

Edited by Drake Anubis

Bingo. Seal is right I havent done it yet because I haven't finished setting everything up, but if you really want to know I'm doing this with remote access. I don't want to go at such a fast pace that I get caught and hrddrv I agree that not all admins are stupid and not all admins are dicks but still I'm not going to get caught because I only do this when we have a sub and the sub doesn't know any better (HORAY!!!)

ever heard of logs dude?

ever heard of logs dude?

Yeah, you seem to be taking the script kidde approach to this. <_<

Don't be over confident or arrogant, you should always asume that the target knows more then you do and is watching you ever step of the way. Your goal is to make the smallest impact possible, there is always some way to tell if someone is somewhere they shouldn't be.

What your talking about doing is illegal on so many levels, and requires a lot of technical skill to do correctly. You don't know exactly how the network is setup, there could very well be a machine that is logging everything in some location you don't even know about. Even if you change the logs there could still be a machine that is printing out the log checksums every X hours and if you changed the logs the checksums would show it.

Most security professionals don't come on message boards going "I'm going to hack my school because they are all stupid n00bs, HORRAY!". You got to chill a little bit.

Ummm... Reverse Vnc?

I'm not sure that hes asking for advice, I think hes just telling us...

But I agree with you, the best way would be to reverse something. I know my friend bob reverse sshed of a WRT54G (hidden on the target location) a couple times and it worked fine with two exceptions that were both bobs fault anyway. The problem with reverse VNC is you don't want somebody to notice the computer operating with no user present.

like a little chihuahua that pisses himself when theres guests over at the house... but dont try fucking around on O.P.N (other peoples networks) when you dont have the first clue on what youre doing. just a word of advice.

Gezz, But how do you really feel vector?

Ok I'm not just telling you guys I'm trying to ask you is there a way to find the things (account name, password, IP address) that you need for Remote Access with only having access to a network.

Ok I'm not just telling you guys I'm trying to ask you is there a way to find the things (account name, password, IP address) that you need for Remote Access with only having access to a network.

Ok, so you are asking how to hack into your school's network undetected? It doesn't really work that way, hacking is the art of manipulating systems.

Ok all I want to know is if I have access to the network on the computer can I use it and see the files on the other computers in the school's network and if I can is there a place on the computer that I can find its IP address, an account name for that computer and a password for that account.

Ok all I want to know is if I have access to the network on the computer can I use it and see the files on the other computers in the school's network and if I can is there a place on the computer that I can find its IP address, an account name for that computer and a password for that account.

Well buddy, what are the computes to begin with? Windows machines? Macs? The different computers use differnet networking standards. And how are they setup? Is login done local or are machines logging into an authentication server? Do you even know where the target files are? They computers don't have to store the files on them, they are probably in a central file server (if the machines aren't logging in localy).

And as far as connecting from the internet, it is very much possible. But really, for all purposes, pretend its not.

Edited by Drake Anubis