YourVeryOwnWindowlicker

Defcon 15 - ride/room sharing thread

28 posts in this topic

Serious Inquires only:Looking for someone to fuck like theres no tomo.... oops wrong BBS. :P No but seriously, trying to find someone to buddy up with for staying in a room for Las Vegas, if you already have a room, Ill pay half of what the week would cost. Please let me know.

Edited by The Windowlicker

is this really something to post on a Binary revolution forum and also Bad mouth needs soap!

is this really something to post on a Binary revolution forum and also Bad mouth needs soap!

Why not post here to share rooms at Defcon? This should be the one thread in General Hacking IMHO, others should be merged if people create them, but sharing rooms is where it's at.

alright then vector i'll just stare into your window, holding a big box of cyanide cupcakes;)

Mmmmm... cyanide cupcakes.

Anywho, I'm trying to decide if Defcons worth it. I mean, it looks cool and all, but I'm a bit young and wondering if I could still get everything out of the con. Can anyone help me with this life threatening situation? Thanks much!

Serious Inquires only:Looking for someone to fuck like theres no tomo.... oops wrong BBS. :P No but seriously, trying to find someone to buddy up with for staying in a room for Las Vegas, if you already have a room, Ill pay half of what the week would cost. Please let me know.

Thank you for reminding me about this.. I will have to check it out since it will be my first time to a Defcon.... mmmm I wonder if I should take my laptop with me...

I'm planning on going, but I'll most likely be playing CTF or aCTF most of the time, and I'm not sure about my rooming plans yet.

I've already confirmed my room at the Riviera hotel. Chances are that my girlfriend can not join me. So I may be looking for a roommate.

**EDIT: Just got my plane reservation as well.

I'm going to look for a room tonight... We might go with friend, but I think I might ditch them... hahahah I was thinking about taking my laptop with me but I read that if I do since it's my first time that it might get hacked or something...

Tell me something if your a n00b going for the first time, what does he look forward to at the show? Are people nice, helpfull ... Just wondering.

Thanks for the feedback... For me I think I go just to see what's its like to be around a whole of smart geeks... Plus learn, and be able to meet people...

So I think I'm going to book everything this weekend. What kind of other expenses should I take into consideration?

Seriously how much is this shite gonna cost in booze and food. Is it nessisary to get a car rental or can one get by with a cab. I don't plan on straying to far.

So how many people from binrev are going?

I'm flying in on the second and have the leave sunday afternoon.

yo vector you live in nevada? Im gonna try and go this year, it might not happen though.

Edited by hbp71605

I will be there. Be on the lookout for the fat guy with lots of raw meat and razor wire.

So I think I'm going to book everything this weekend. What kind of other expenses should I take into consideration?

Seriously how much is this shite gonna cost in booze and food. Is it nessisary to get a car rental or can one get by with a cab. I don't plan on straying to far.

I'm going. Got me a room and plane tickets.

Anyways, there are all you can eat buffets that are like 10 - 15 bucks per person. That's how I fed myself last time. You can also walk to a lot of places if you don't mind it being hot (but not humid.) Now, don't ask us how much booze will cost you cause we don't know how much you drink, what you drink, or if you can abstain from drinking due to lack of funds.

I'm going. Got me a room and plane tickets.

Anyways, there are all you can eat buffets that are like 10 - 15 bucks per person. That's how I fed myself last time. You can also walk to a lot of places if you don't mind it being hot (but not humid.) Now, don't ask us how much booze will cost you cause we don't know how much you drink, what you drink, or if you can abstain from drinking due to lack of funds.

Thanks, I'm a drinker so booze could be a major expence... But i'm really a somewhat social drinker so if not that many people are knocking them back I might follow the flock. So let me re-phrase it

-- How many other hackers here are also hard core drinkers?

I donno the guy with razar wire and raw meat sounds like he can handle himself at the bar... Might be all the answer I need. Thanks,

-- How many other hackers here are also hard core drinkers?

When Defcon switched locations from Alexis Park to the Riviera the liquor store by Alexis Park lost $20,000 in lost business. That's just that one liquor store.

When Defcon switched locations from Alexis Park to the Riviera the liquor store by Alexis Park lost $20,000 in lost business. That's just that one liquor store.

With that said I just booked my room. See you there!

I'll be booking my room and plane tickets this week :)

Ill definetly be there I have been to all from 13 on up when i found out about Defcon. Its easy for me to get there since I live here in Vegas If anyone wants to meet up Let me know.

I'm dipping my toe in the water, anyone here still got space in their room? I'll pay my portion and throw food/booze/hax your way as well.

Is there a way for us to meet up? Im still deciding if i'm going to go or not ( depending on the price of my apartment with my gf for next college semester )

But if i do go, it will be my first time and i am pretty stoked ( so excited i made my gf buy her OWN god damn window curtains haha, no more money out of my wallet for shit i dont need )

Would i be able to meet and chill with some of you? ( irongeek, and stankdawg and whoever else )

Perhaps like a phone number, or a screename?

Besides the booze( which i love to drink ) do people partake in cannabis culture over there?