Malachai

PodCast 188

13 posts in this topic

I think this one was a great show... talking about hacker ethic, and other stuff. Good job on it, plus also the news update on the forum. Other thing I love was the whole usb tools to have for hacking and just to have.

Keep up the good work on the board...

by the way is there a hacker ethic list out their? Other thing if anyone knows what kind of security does StanDawg know or cert does he have. I hear him say that he found explotis on site and other things... Just wondering were he learned all his skills...

--Malachai--

Edited by Malachai

Where you looking for something like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_ethic

I would also recommend reading the Hacker Manifesto: http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/manifesto.html

Thats a very nice piece.

Stankdawg does work with databases I believe, he's mentioned a lot in the past but I forget. You can just email and ask if your really curious.

Edited by Drake Anubis

Very interesting, of course now and days everything has USB storage...

If your looking for something covert check on ebay for USB watches. Some of them look pretty slick and hold like 512 for 30ish dollars. If you needed to run something like Backtrack really quick, really fast, you could hide it on your watch (or other device, like yours) and sneak it in.

Damn, Ican't believe Stankdawg didn't say: "Binary Revolution Radio isn't a podcast!".

Heh.

Damn, Ican't believe Stankdawg didn't say: "Binary Revolution Radio isn't a podcast!".

Not a podcast? ... what else is there? :roll:

Yeah,

Usually thru my rss reader and just regular surfing i keep up with the latest security news, exploits, poc, and other generally tech related stuff..

I constantly keep updated with seclists.org, binrev, pauldotcom, sploitcast.com,hak5.org,securityfocus.com,2600 and other useful links of information.

There are alot of good podcasters/iptv stuff out there, and lots of document related media, it all depends on what your interests are and how far you want to go. I realize now that this is little off topic just wanted to add my 2 cents worth..

thought stank dawg was self taught???

Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night. Ginsberg.

The only security certification that I have is the CEH from EC Council.

When you took the CEH course didn't you get some pdf files and some software cd?

When you took the CEH course didn't you get some pdf files and some software cd?

Yeah... they are around here somewhere... *shrug*

Yeah,

Usually thru my rss reader and just regular surfing i keep up with the latest security news, exploits, poc, and other generally tech related stuff..

I constantly keep updated with seclists.org, binrev, pauldotcom, sploitcast.com,hak5.org,securityfocus.com,2600 and other useful links of information.

There are alot of good podcasters/iptv stuff out there, and lots of document related media, it all depends on what your interests are and how far you want to go. I realize now that this is little off topic just wanted to add my 2 cents worth..

Well some of the sites you mention on here are nice... Would you mine posting some good links and document related site if you don't mind. I'm trying to learn as much as I can now since my company wants me to get cert ....

Thanks

Yeah... they are around here somewhere... *shrug*

Thanks I will have to look around here... by the way love the show...