Irongeek

Mitnick's Business Card

26 posts in this topic

My friend Gordon got this while Mitnick was in Louisville. Whatever you think oh him, you have to admit it's a cool looking card.

post-1168-1173385381_thumb.jpg

are those pick tools strong enough to actually work? But ya, I must admit it's pretty damn cool.

The pic though only appeals to the niche 'hacking' market. Personally I'd go more mainstream.

High coolness factor tho for sure.

are those pick tools strong enough to actually work? But ya, I must admit it's pretty damn cool.

Well, thery looked a little flimsy to me but I guess if you are working in a small key way...

So the 'card' is made of a metal?

haha, can you get busted for carrying his card?

Yes, it's metal.

Nah, you can't get busted. Especially when they are not disassembled. The guy wrote airsnort let Mitnick use the basic design for his cards, and he's carried them for a while.

does anyone know what company made these kick ass business cards

Dude, I'd so grab like 20 of those things and just shove them in my pocket. It'd be way more comfortable than carrying a pack around (though, mines pretty small, so) Still, awesome card. I'd love to get my hands on some.

When I was at Defcon 13 (2005) there was a bunch of different people who had that same business card. Its not unique to Kevin Mitnick.

Wow! I love the concept behind these cards but somehow I doubt the picks are usable (they looks sorta flimsy, I think they would be likely to break off in the key-way) The thing is though that I think the card would be worth it! If used right who could forget a card like that???

Yeah,

The cards look pretty sweet, and i got a friend that does lockpicking, and safecracking stuff. So i am gonna get a card like the one seen here, just to test out and see if anything can be salvaged from it. Also if we get the video ever done, i will post a link to it here or well somewhere on the site...

Yeah,

The cards look pretty sweet, and i got a friend that does lockpicking, and safecracking stuff. So i am gonna get a card like the one seen here, just to test out and see if anything can be salvaged from it. Also if we get the video ever done, i will post a link to it here or well somewhere on the site...

I doubt he could lockpick with these. 100% he can't safe crack with these!

Yeah,

I'm pretty sure lockpicking and safe cracking use completely different tools.

Yeah they get them made here, though I am sure some home etch. You need to give them a design.

http://www.metalcards.com/

$180 for a set of 100.

Not suprised, they use acid to eat away the metal, it's a very expensive process. I could get similar results with a fairly cheap laser engraver, it just wouldn't be steel, it'd be more like anodized aluminum.

Yeah,

Thats why I said CANT

Yeah,

Thats why I said CANT

Yeah, but it was retarded.

Yeah,

Thats why I said CANT

Yeah, but it was retarded.

Retarded? WTF?

so thats his personal mobile #?

Nice catch.

Call it.