Basic204

Can some one make a Video tutorial

18 posts in this topic

Hello to any one who would like to fill my request and make a video on how to use all the linux tools and programs on Back track 2 OS system so I can learn how to use linux better :D

and people say linux is for geeks LOL

All of them?!?! Not much of chance of that since that's a lot of tools, though I've covered some of them in the past. Do you know specific tools you would like covered?

Irongeek site has all the video's .... His site is the best... I learned some things from his website.

Keep up the good work

YES IRONGEEK IS AWESOME

*looks around*

... is he gone? is it save to continue talking about him behind his back like we were doing before?

-------

Really though, do take a look at his site, a lot of the fundemental tools are covered there. You may also want to listen to Pauldotcom Security Weekly.

Edited by Drake Anubis

Hello to any one who would like to fill my request and make a video on how to use all the linux tools and programs on Back track 2 OS system so I can learn how to use linux better :D

and people say linux is for geeks LOL

Um obviously you missed what Backtrack is about. It's not about using the "linux tools", it's about using the extra tools provided. Here's a tip: go learn how to use Linux instead and read manpages on the tools in Backtrack2, maybe you'll understand how to use them if you bother to understand Linux (I assum you don't know how to use it in the first place).

I'll make you DVDs of all videos if you want to pay me $500 to do it, money has to be delivered up front.

Um obviously you missed what Backtrack is about. It's not about using the "linux tools", it's about using the extra tools provided. Here's a tip: go learn how to use Linux instead and read manpages on the tools in Backtrack2, maybe you'll understand how to use them if you bother to understand Linux (I assum you don't know how to use it in the first place).

Thats a very good point, the basics are very very important. Like just simple commands like knowing how to use grep could save you a lot of time in looking at logs or whatever.

If your looking to get into network security a good starting point would be to get a couple books from Syngress (The 'Stealing The Network Series' is great because it has information and plot). Also listen to some radio shows like Pauldotcom Security weekly, and go back and listen to old shows too, like BinRev has a lot of good information and talks to a lot of good people.

the tools i would like you to make a video of is

Kismet,WIcrawl,wep_cracker, and what ever other tool

you wanna show the only reason I ask you to make

this video is becaues I try to start up Kismet and it will not come on it just cuts off and to let you know what Wifi card I am useing it the one from dell and its internal

O and do you plan on makeing another video on how to

get interactive CMD with out pirnter and file shareing

on

Kismet,WIcrawl,wep_cracker

Is your goal simply to crack WEP because that would be a much better and direct question.

If your interested and would like to learn security thats one thing, but if you only want to know how to do a specific task thats another, and I'm getting the feeling that you have a specific task and target in mind.

I would like to really like to understand y kismet dose not start up LOL and i would love to learn about computer security

I would like to really like to understand y kismet dose not start up LOL and i would love to learn about computer security

Have you googled your problem well? Maybe the kismet forum would be a good place to look. Or try running kismet off of something like backtrack

Then start reading some books not written on teh intarwebs or articles not written in 1337. You know, books are written in English.

when i had problems with kismet i did a lot of searching through google, but...

did u do everything in the kismet config right?

do u have your network card set up for monitor mode?

just some things to check..

In way of the computer security, check out the links section, there are some places with some great sites with a lot of reading material. Yeah videos might be easier, and Iron Geek's vids are great, but u cant just use those, you have to back it up with reading

I'll make you DVDs of all videos if you want to pay me $500 to do it, money has to be delivered up front.

This fucktard is a mod?Sad

i would if you wanna pay for it, because that would take quite a bit of time. people's time is valuble.

Friendly fucking place.I'm really impressed with how much smarter than everyone else you guys are.Get a fucking life,losers.Douchebag asshats.

i would if you wanna pay for it, because that would take quite a bit of time. people's time is valuble.

Friendly fucking place.I'm really impressed with how much smarter than everyone else you guys are.Get a fucking life,losers.Douchebag asshats.

^ coming from a script kiddie.....

You are asking to be spoon fed information. Hacking is about learning how thinks work and teaching yourself. The only time you ask the community for help is when you are stuck and have specific questions.

Edited by DarkShadow

to let you know what Wifi card I am useing it the one from dell and its internal

Dell has a few different internal WiFi-card models, you'll need to be more specific. If it's a ipw3945, there's a script provided in BackTrack that will automatically enable the monitor mode of the card, then just start Kismet and away you go.

If it's another type, well, you'll have to find out yourself ;)

Also, if it's the afore mentioned model (ipw3945), you won't have the possibility to crack with backtrack, it doesn't collect IV's or reverse ARP reguests. This is however possible with "WifiWay"

Bon Chance

^ coming from a script kiddie.....

You are asking to be spoon fed information. Hacking is about learning how thinks work and teaching yourself. The only time you ask the community for help is when you are stuck and have specific questions.

Double idiot.

1)Sure, you know me and that I'm a script kiddie.

2)WTF, I'm asking to be spoonfed information?WTF are you talking about homey?I didn't ask shit.I came across this via google. Got a reading comprehension problem?You know, to go with your spelling difficulties? How "thinks" work?

I was commenting on the senseless,rude reception given to the guy asking the original question.I don't think that's how mods should act.Of course that doesn't apply to suckup noobs like yourself.

Edited by billbowe2500

thread closed, since a troll decided to make it his home.