Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evoen

Hardware imaging software

4 posts in this topic

Im looking for software to image and configure lenovo tablets(X60) running XP using PXE boot. The only experience I have with this type of software is Altiris and am having troubles finding comparable software or reviews. I personaly thought Altiris did a great job in previous instances but Im looking for the most cost effective option. This software will be used in a private education atmosphere, so maybe there is an option w/ a reduced price for that situation. Id hate to choose Altiris just because Im most familiar w/ it and not knowing of a better solution.

We had a similar setup at a local university where I worked.

After a lot of research/white papers/ etc we came to the conclusion that Altiris was the best solution.

It's not cheap but, it certainly gets the job done.

Personally I love altiris also. I think this is the best.

Altris is great, and I would use it were I in your place (I have to use Ghost at work). The _most_ cost effective option would probably be either an open souce app, but can't suggest one for large scale. I have only used those at home. the other most cost effective option would be RIS. It can be a pain to set up a server, but adaquate once you do, and it runs smoothly using DHCP and PXE boot once it is set up right.