Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linux

bluesnarfing hardware

10 posts in this topic

Are there any HCL's for bluetooth hardware that can be used for bluesnarfing/bluejacking for FreeBSD/Linux?

I am a total n00b for this.

Does this even work like wifi, with only certain bluetooth chipsets having the snarfing/jacking capability?

Wow. this is very helpful. I myself am just getting into cellphone hacking and bluetooth.

trifinite.org is a fantastic resource.

Thanks irongeek :)

has anybody actually done this? Im curious if its only older cell phones with blue tooth are vulnerable, or not

I remember there was a pretty serious Nokia exploit a while back, which really helped launch this type of hacking.

Since then though, it's as if it all died off. You really don't hear anything about it anymore.

Bluejacking though can still, and will always be doable.

Nothing like sending people random pictures.

I'm hoping to get my bluetooth article into the next 2600. It will cover the modern state of bluetooth attacks and bluetooth in general.

I'm hoping to get my bluetooth article into the next 2600. It will cover the modern state of bluetooth attacks and bluetooth in general.

Could you post it or forward it if it doesn't make it? Thats an area I really need to read up on.

It will be available on my website once the time is up that 2600 has to publish it.