diablo69

Webrowser && Built in P2P

7 posts in this topic

I know of another web browser that has p2p integrated. It's called Opera. Besides, that's an IE-based browser. Why would you even consider it? ;)

OK, so I've tried Opera's bittorrent feature. It works well, but I just don't see it being that useful. It is useful in the sense that people who don't know how to get bittorrent set up can download torrents with no fuss. It's not useful in the sense that ktorrent or utorrent are just so much better, and you can tell Opera to open torrent files with those programs. p2p in a web browser has very limited appeal.

Well unfortunitly, my school hates me and will not let me have a nix box, so I really can't be a chooser here. And I WILL NOT download .tor files--my ass got busted using those pos.

Diablo

I had tor activated when I was using it--I know how to be careful, but it really doesn't matter. The feds don't give a 5h17, but the RIAA does. I have a link in the forums mentioning the feds really do not care about downloading using P2P.

But I guess I can give torrents another chance, the other problem I had with them is they take for ever to dl.

Anywho message me with a tutorial on how not to get busted this time lol

Diablo

Opera runs on Windows too, you know? Mac too. And Solaris. And FreeBSD. And the Wii. And mobile phones. No shortage of choices there..

You probably shouldn't be running torrents on the school network. They can consume massive amounts of bandwidth, especially if they're popular. As for your speed problems, you probably can't accept incoming connections. That can really kill your speed. Most torrents I get on are really, really fast. Of course, the more popular they are, the faster they are. When a new Ubuntu comes out, the torrents are absolutely packed and I can get speeds up to 700k/s. Certainly not slow.

Well unfortunitly, my school hates me and will not let me have a nix box, so I really can't be a chooser here. And I WILL NOT download .tor files--my ass got busted using those pos.

Diablo

Your school doesn't let you have a computer with Linux? That makes no sense.. I have a computer at school that runs linux.. But you may be talking about running linux on a school computer. Then of course not.