Dare To Imagine

Pandora.com

12 posts in this topic

A neat little internet radio site. Just type in a band or a song and it will setup a playlist for you. The best thing about it is that it isn't just one repetitive song after another. It's suprisingly intuitive.

I was trying to find this after loosing my Bookmark.

Thanks!

It really works quite poorly if you happen to listen to a lot of underground music like I do. I remember when I first heard about Pandora about 2 years ago and I went and typed in "Emperor" and it pulled up Duran Duran as a match. That alone turned me off to the project.

a little off topic, but their is a better sight called mp3tunes.com

Basically you can download music for free via "side bar", which stores it in your online "locker", then you can stream it via mediaplayer or a app of your choice, also you can download the music from a webpage--can you say GOOGLE hacks! :D

Just so you know I am in the process of writing a detailed tutorial about how to stream music to your pocket pc, using these particular apps.

But before I start on that tutorial, I was wondering if it was better if I did a tutorial on what I know about pocket pc's *specifically the 8525*--mine is quite modded actually :).

Diablo

It really works quite poorly if you happen to listen to a lot of underground music like I do

Came in here to say the same. It couldn't find anything for the first band I searched.

a little off topic, but their is a better sight called mp3tunes.com

Basically you can download music for free via "side bar", which stores it in your online "locker", then you can stream it via mediaplayer or a app of your choice, also you can download the music from a webpage--can you say GOOGLE hacks! :D

Just so you know I am in the process of writing a detailed tutorial about how to stream music to your pocket pc, using these particular apps.

But before I start on that tutorial, I was wondering if it was better if I did a tutorial on what I know about pocket pc's *specifically the 8525*--mine is quite modded actually :).

Diablo

Better is a relative term. Also, pandora and mp3tunes are NOT even close to being the same thing but I'm not surprised since you didn't read the OP.

]

Better is a relative term. Also, pandora and mp3tunes are NOT even close to being the same thing but I'm not surprised since you didn't read the OP.

I have used both of them, and I am well aware of what each one does. I was merly stating that in my opinion mp3tunes.com is better b/c you can listen to your music, when you want to.

Pandora is not about listening to /your/ music but /finding/ new music similar to /your/ music. mp3tunes is about /your/ music not finding new music similar to /your/ music. The two are distinctly different in scope.

This is true, however be that as it may--you can use pandora to find what you want, then use google hacks to find the file you are looking for and upload it to mp3tunes. I don't know about you but pandora is great except for the fact you cannot skip around to what you want to listen to. That is unless you click on one station and then switch to another, and then try and revert back to the station you want to listen to..but to me thats just time consuming, so I figured I would inform people their is mp3tunes.com if they wish to be able to choose what they wish to listen to.

Diablo

On a side note, I have found many a great songs on pandora from bands I never knew about.

It really works quite poorly if you happen to listen to a lot of underground music like I do. I remember when I first heard about Pandora about 2 years ago and I went and typed in "Emperor" and it pulled up Duran Duran as a match. That alone turned me off to the project.

I had quite opposite results. I was actually quite surprised at the amount of "underground" bands I'd searched for and found.

(Some of the bands aren't even signed to labels and other only had EPs out)

I guess it really depends on the genre. I was looking more towards Hardcore/metal/etc and underground rap/local hip hop