sidafalickno

Defaced Sites

20 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a list of defaced sites. I'm not a very productive googler.

Anyone know of a list of defaced sites. I'm not a very productive googler.

I know of this...but I found this even more amusing...one of the biggest IT/Security sites that archives 'defaced' sites..gets defaced themselves....

BTW, you say "...I am not a very productive googler", zone-h was the FIRST sites after googling sigh

I found zone-h and a couple other ones. I was wondering if anyone knew of any others.

Whats up with them all being like Arabic?

Arabs can h4x too... why not?

Most of those arab and turkish hackers are just script kiddies running repackages exploits randomly owning sites. If you take a look at zone-h you'll see trends where for a couple days 1 guy will have a few thousand entries because some new exploit was released. Not to mention their laws and governments give them a bit more protection that the United States does.

BTW, you guys heard that "Terrorists took over a distillery" joke?

Edited by WhatChout

Most of those arab and turkish hackers are just script kiddies running repackages exploits randomly owning sites. If you take a look at zone-h you'll see trends where for a couple days 1 guy will have a few thousand entries because some new exploit was released. Not to mention their laws and governments give them a bit more protection that the United States does.

That basically sums it up. Also people in that part of the world have more of a political motive to deface sites. If you look at a lot of them they have a political message.

China seems to have loads of black hats too.

No I haven't....

I seem to remember attrition.org has a list of defaced websites and ratings for the defacements hidden somewhere, see if you can find it, because I am too lazy to look far.

Funny that zone-h got defaced since most of the defaced sites from a large number of those wily Arabic hax0rs are Joomla-powered blogs.....the same thing that zone-h runs.

All these kiddies do is, like livinded said, run repackaged exploits for common scripts like Gallery2, Joomla/Mambo, e107 and things like that. All they do typically is upload three index files (index.htm, .html, and .php) and almost always /back up/ the original index file (skiddies with ethics?!). Some upload c99, phpshell, r57 or other PHP-/Perl-based scripts to try and further exploit the account.

No I haven't....

So, terrorists have taken over the distillery. It's the 3rd day and they still cannot verbalize their demands.

That basically sums it up. Also people in that part of the world have more of a political motive to deface sites. If you look at a lot of them they have a political message.

oh come one, spare me. who dosent have a political message to send? the only diffrence is that the middle east unfortunatly does not have a stable government. drugs fund their "taxes" and they will do whatever needs to be done for them to survive. there is very little order in the middle east because those incharge of providing a militia are nothing more than 8-bit(sorry, old nintendo joke) gangsters. the only message they would have to send is that they are "rebeling" against the order America (believes they) have. so what makes them diffrent than any of us? what im triing to say is that all they want are bragging rights.

Unless it is completely necessary, what is all the hype with defacing sites? Maybe deface a government or orgainzation site, but some of these are pointless. The messages left aren't even worth while either.

The problem with defacing a site is that it proves... nothing. First, it shows you don't have the skill to stay 100% hidden and completely '0wn' the box so instead you throw it all out in one big 'publicity stunt'. Second, you don't need root access to deface a page, just write access to the web files. Third, why the hell do no defacers know how to type, 4lw4yz 1337 sp34k f0r th3r sh0utzzz. Now, some times defacements are awesome, for example: the Free Kevin campaign, tons of defacers spreading the message of Kevin rotting away in a cell w/o trial. Then again mostly not =P

oh come one, spare me. who dosent have a political message to send? the only diffrence is that the middle east unfortunatly does not have a stable government. drugs fund their "taxes" and they will do whatever needs to be done for them to survive. there is very little order in the middle east because those incharge of providing a militia are nothing more than 8-bit(sorry, old nintendo joke) gangsters. the only message they would have to send is that they are "rebeling" against the order America (believes they) have. so what makes them diffrent than any of us? what im triing to say is that all they want are bragging rights.

Hahaha think they have NES at Gitmo? Who needs torture... Tetris would completely blow those cave dwelling, goat humping minds.