Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wilo300zx

Weird Script Message

4 posts in this topic

Heya,

I am a pretty cautious and experienced user of windows, and i was closing my processes down today, and i realised i had this error report come up in the top of the screen:

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtfax1.png

I reguarly do weekly virus scans, daily adware scans and i am pretty cautious of what i download and where i download from.

I have seen this message before, its not like it has just appeared today, but could anyone explain what it may be?

I googled the error and links me back to winamp... but it doesn't seen to have any fixes, it just tells me its to do with the skin and the memory addresses of winamp when i close it

Could this be a possible vunerability? Is this something for conern and does anyone know a way of fixing it?

Thankyou in advance for your help

I have had the same message. Apparently it is linked to the winamp process as killing winamp on my box closes it. I imagine it is som sort of malware, don't click the box, kill the process instead. I've done multiple scans of my hd for all manner of malware (takes a bloody long time these days, thanks MS!) but have had nothing turn up. Take precautions anytime you see stuff like this. Don't do any banking or sensitive work until you get it sorted. I recommend a reformat, always a good solution to windows shizer

Who uses Winamp these days anyway? I mean after they sold themselves to AOL they went downhill. Foobar2000 is where it's at.