Irongeek

Notification/Subscription Emails From Threads

14 posts in this topic

On various threads I've set Subscription to automatically send me an email on replies, but I rarely ever get the notifications anymore. I'm pretty sure it's not being blocked by a spam filter since I do get the subscription notice sometimes. Ideas?

I haven't tried this feature out before, but I'll go ahead and try.

What email service are you using?

Dreamhost->Gmail

nick was doing some testing on this the other day. i believe that its working now.

Came through fine on gmail

edit: Did you see:

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Maybe that's why you thought it wasn't all coming through

Edited by crackedatom

Nope, I'm still not getting it.

You have dreamhost forwarding your mail to your gmail, correct? Sounds like it's getting filtered out on dreamhost's side.

Well, now I've set it to send straight to gmail, let's see what happens.

As droops mentioned, I tested it a few days ago and it seemed to be working fine.

The server did change IP's - do you have any whitelists setup etc which it needs to be re-added to?

Also which subscription option are you using - Delayed / Immediate / Daily / Weekly?

Easiest way to find out if it's failing for you is if nick greps the logs for your gmail (or irongeek.com) address and see if it's actually leaving the server. If not, that's another deal entirely.

Well, I got a notice for the post you just maid. Thanks for the help guys.

I have been carefully watching the mail logs and error messages for the past few weeks anyway, and there have been no errors or bounces caused by our mail server. The only bounces that I see are legitimate ones. I did not see any from you which tells me that they are getting sent successfully, so I am looking at the SPAM filter as the culprit. It could very well be the case that binrev got flagged as a relay again and blacklisted by those shitty blacklist databases that never test properly.

I have been carefully watching the mail logs and error messages for the past few weeks anyway, and there have been no errors or bounces caused by our mail server. The only bounces that I see are legitimate ones. I did not see any from you which tells me that they are getting sent successfully, so I am looking at the SPAM filter as the culprit. It could very well be the case that binrev got flagged as a relay again and blacklisted by those shitty blacklist databases that never test properly.

The crime has been solved! I figured they were leaving the server but I've no way of checking, I'm thinking binrev->Dreamhost something is getting lost.

The server itself is not blacklisted with any /major/ RBLs so that's good!