snakesonaplane

Favorite Live Utility CD's

13 posts in this topic

nUbuntu, Backtrack, gpartd, Helix

DSL(FTP/SSH server), BartPE (not so much), Knoppix, GRUB CD(when MBR is fuxzored), and Xubuntu 6.06 (partitioning).

Alk3

Backtrack always. It has saved my life on many an occasion when I have changed something that doesnt work and it even detects my wifi card out-of-the-box which is great.

I liked auditor more then backtrack for some reason :( guess its all about what your used too, some of the tools I used are missing from backtrack that was in the auditor package, should have made a backup of the iso I suppose. Other then that I <3 Puppy Linux! Its not a utility cd tho, just a live distro

I'd definitely have to go with Ultimate Boot CD, a really useful Live CD. I zero filled a HDD and did some other stuff with this. Comes absolutely loaded with tools, and the full version contains the INSERT environment, utilizing the Fluxbox window manager. A must for anyone needing to fix a system. Also has full NTFS read/write support.

For those of you who like command line stuff and floppies, Toms Root Boot is a must. Has one a single floppy and tons of commands.

Edited by Tyler

Backtrack, BartPE, Kororaa, Darik's Boot and Nuke

Edited by matt

In Code We Trust 2.0 and backtrack, got a windows box with pass on it, boot icwt and 3-4 keypresses later open system works like magic.

Backtrack has been used at work has some nice features.

oh i did forget about dban i use that alot as well