Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
taurus

nokia modding

7 posts in this topic

I got this software for modding motorolas called 'PSKTool' but it doesnt work with nokia.

Does anyone have software like that for Nokia where i can edit the Hex values and change setting on my phone??

Thanks

I got this software for modding motorolas called 'PSKTool' but it doesnt work with nokia.

Does anyone have software like that for Nokia where i can edit the Hex values and change setting on my phone??

Thanks

Nokia... dunno... but

Will that work with the moto i355phones?

This is a good resource for Nokia modding, but as their own forum notes:

Many of us would like to mod our beloved Nokia phones, customize them to the way we want or even flash it with newer firmware MCU, PPM, etc. Some of us would like to repair/mod the hardware, cosmetics, electronics like many hobbyist DIY projects and it would be handy to have the schematics and service manuals/bulletins as reference. While I've no problem with certain discussion of such, Nokia may think the otherwise.

Programming Service Tools like Diego and Phoenix, Firmware / Data Packages, Confidential documents like Schematics, Service Manuals and Bulletins (Level 1 to 4), Developer's tools like Carbide.j and ThemeStudio, are Nokia's proprietary properties. They're NOT meant for end-users at large. If you think you're qualified for the access to those software, contact Nokia directly. They're also protected by non-disclosure agreement. Unauthorized use by any mean (*cough* cracked / hacked) may lead to legal implications.

AKA, you cannot upload or link to anything like that here.

Moved to OSP

On the software side, BitPim can usually be used to browse the directory tree, and download and upload most files from/to your phone. Make sure you phone is compatible with it, though.

I've used PSK Tools with my Motorola phone and it worked fine. I have no real use for it right now though, although I'd love to find where to download it. Does anyone know a good place to download all of those proprietary Motorola phone programs? It seems that the sites on HowardForums are constantly shut down.

I've used PSK Tools with my Motorola phone and it worked fine. I have no real use for it right now though, although I'd love to find where to download it. Does anyone know a good place to download all of those proprietary Motorola phone programs? It seems that the sites on HowardForums are constantly shut down.

Please read the replies before adding one of your own. The sites on HoFo are shut down because unauthorized distribution of any of their software is illegal!

2. PIRATED CONTENT / COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL / WAREZ

Do not post or link to pirated software, copyrighted audio files, copyrighted books, and other material to which you do not own redistribution rights. You are allowed to discuss filesharing on the forums and even talk about specific filenames you've seen online, but uploading or linking to such material is not allowed. If you link to a site with free content, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the site is of a reputable nature and not just a distribution point for pirated material. If it appears to the moderating team that your intent in linking to a site is the distribution of pirated content, then you are in violation of this rule.

You might wanna check out the nokia forums.

They have links to SDKs and other fun tools...

If you're into mobile software, it's worth checking out.