Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cypress

linux + ipod help

5 posts in this topic

No, this is not intended to be a pun at the Gentoo + iPod theme of the show....Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of an application that would let you put video podcasts on your ipod. I know that there are a bunch that can handle putting music on iPod and also a bunch that can download video embedded in RSS (vidcasts / video podcasts / etc) however, is there one that does both?

Also, if no such application do you think I could install XP or win2000 in a virtual machine so that I can run iTunes and let that handle my iPod? Would a gig of ram be decent enough , or should I just buy 2 gigs?

Thanks a lot,

Cypress

GNUpod: has a collection of perl scripts that do just about everything for use of an IPod w/ Linux.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnupod/

Thats the best I have found. Although, I am not 100% positive that it includes both of those features. You may need to write a perl script (or whatever scripting language) to do this.

Alk3

I was using floydzilla or something, and that came with the ability to play video.

I use Amarok, which requires the KDE libs. The newest versions will load videos onto your iPod but do not play them within the application itself.

I use Amarok, which requires the KDE libs. The newest versions will load videos onto your iPod but do not play them within the application itself.

Thanks pbx43k. I knew that Amarok had support for podcasts and ipods, so video podcasts must be a very new feature. Thanks for the heads up.